Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The people on the street behind me that have the two German Shepherds are putting up their fence today. Hope it stays up, doubtful, since they just cemented the posts and started attaching the recycled fence to them almost immediately! I had Jonah and Miko in the yard and they were of course curious. As they're back watching, the one guy started using a nail gun. I hear oooooooooooooo out of Jonah, then a shorts series of ruf ruf ruf as he's running towards me tail tucked and shaking. I think Jonah is a little bit spooked by the nail gun! When we just went out again, he won't go to the back of the yard. He goes so far and just looks at me as to say...."I don't want that thing to get me!". I'll have to take him back there to show him it's ok, but I don't want to have another "hey buddy" chat with my neighbor......long story! :wink:

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Fingers crossed the fence holds up.

Jonah, I have a mean labrador that lives behind us who tried to eat my sweet puppy nose when I stuck it under the fence to say hi. My dad put boards up to close the openings. He just used a regular hammer though, that nail gun sounds scarey. Your dad will keep you safe. Once the fence is up, you can tease those german shepherds like I tease the labrador. :roll: Be patient, that nail gun will go away. Your friend, Cali.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Oh Jonah you poor thing!!! The neighbors should be done with that fence pretty soon, and that scarey nail gun will be history! Don't be sceered big buddy!!! I got scared last night too...my Mom was on the back porch talking to my Grandma, and she tipped the hassock up on it's end and was balancing it with her feet!!! My Mom's kinda wierd sometimes...anyway, I came up the stairs after I peed, and Mom just happened to rock the hassock back and forth, and I took one look at it and went flying off the porch!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: Never even hit the stairs.....That thing was scarey, and all my Mom did was laugh...she's sooo mean sometimes...
Your pal,
Raleigh!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Jonah buddy....stay away from that machine that shoots out weird things into wood you usually can chew.
You're one smart dog to tell your dad all about it. :wink:
surprised MIKO didn't do her warning bark this time :?:

and Raleigh, i feel your pain as your mom's brain
has a few loose noodles in it. Hang in there buddy :wink:

Your doodle pals,
Max and princess devil peanut

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
poor jonah!!

Kirby was terrified by the nail gun when we got our new doors. I don't blame them - it is a very loud noise!!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Jonah - so sorry you have scary neighbors, once that fence is done it will all be ok -

I'm pretty lucky here, all 3 neighbors love me and come to my fence when they see me, I get lots of pets and yup TREATS from them, what a deal ! :wink: I even have 2 of them trained, if I see John or Linda and they dont see me I just bark until they notice me, then they go in and get treats and come back out with them

love n hugs
Annabelle

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Hahahaha....good deal Annabelle!!! You sure know how to 'work' the neighbors!!!!!!! Good for you! :wink

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The neighbor likes my dogs, his dogs like my dogs, my dogs like everyone.....it's me who isn't crazy about the neighbor. He's a bit of a drinker and he yells at his dogs. With his fence, I don't have to look at his falling apart house any more either....til it falls over. At least mine won't! :wink: I know.....I'm a bad person! :oops:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Gene..i'd say YOU"RE a person who is HONEST and cares about not only your dogs but how dogs are treated in general. :D
you treat yours with lots of love and would like to see others treated that way too.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now that the fence is up and done....Jonah justs stares.....looking kind of sad. I'm glad it's up, no more drunken conversations! :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts