Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cousin and her daughter came over with "cousin" Chewie today....

We put Chewie in the bathroom, and my kids got Tank bones. We went out for a late lunch, came back, let everyone out. Then stupid me forgot to take up the bones. All went well for an hour with 4 dogs happily sharing the bones. It was funny seeing little 12# Chewie carrying a bone as big as his head! :shock: He dropped it, then Jonah took it. Chewie tried to take it back, Jonah lunged, snapped, I hear YIP YIP YIP YIP, run into the room and my cousin's daughter said Jonah had Chewie's whole head in his mouth. then we noticed Chewie's mouth was bleeding. What I think really happen was he bit his lip when Jonah had his head in his mouth. After this little incident (that scared the crap out of us), every time Jonah came near Chewie, he lunged and snapped at Jonah. This lasted about an hour, then they both settled down. I had to put Jonah in a down stay for a while (I was shocked he remembered!!! :wink:). I think they'll be fine next time. I've learned my lesson.....NO TREATS WHEN PUPPY COMPANY IS OVER!! :wink:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
oops :oops: Sometimes the smallest dogs have no fear - it's kinda funny. We have found that the really really good treats are one of the few things that can cause some tension between our 2. They always want the one the other has and it's one of the few times I have heard a low growl from Dex (when Kirby tries to take his bone/treat). They are always tolerant of the other stealing toys, but not those "good" treats. We always keep an extra close eye on them :shock:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Miko always gives good "advance warning", including with her her dinner, that ALL 4 -legged variety animals need to "back it on up"!! :wink:

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Yikes..............lesson learned
Not that I believe Jonah would do anything wrong though.........
Glad all is ok.............

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Sounds like the pup earned his name :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
hahhahhaaaaaaaa mtd!! sorry but it i did giggle

BUT at same time i am really happy that little Chewie is Okay ..whew!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Aw Jonah......no need to worry about Chewie...he's just a little guy!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts