Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like you all to meet Crafty.....a 6yo pitbull rescue that my brother and his life mate adopted after putting down their 7yo pit Leo who had cancer. He joins his new sister Molly, who is a newfie/chow mix rescue.

Here he is......

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He's been in the shelter since July living the high life. He had free reign of all the offices during the day. In fact, when they were talking to the shelter people about what they were looking for, Crafty wandered into the office, sat between them as if to say "It's about time you got here!" He's great with people, cats, dogs, kids.....all in all a submissive baby. My brother asked why he had been there so long, and they said it was because they were unsure if they wanted to let him go. I think God just had a plan for them! :wink:

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I hope crafty lives a long and happy life as your beloved nephew.
I know pitts can be tough to rehome, so I hope he's good and appreciates his luck!

·
Registered
248 Posts
That's fantastic! I'm looking forward to endless stories about Crafty.

Please tell your brother to check out www.badrap.org.

It's a great site for Pit Bull lovers like me (my 8 year old neice is a recuse Pit Bull named Pity).

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
He looks like he's Miko's cousin with the same shy, coy look and the tuxedo front! :D It was meant to be!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Congrats on the new doggy in the family Gene................
He looks pretty nice and not so crafty
bahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Kudos to your brother and his partner for knowing it's not the dog but how that dog is raised.
Crafty (a great name 8) ) is a cutie and I can't wait to see the whole pack together
(Jonah, Miko, Teddy, Crafty and all the little cousins) in a family picture!
Dogs like Crafty need good loving homes too and it sounds as if his new family knows what they are doing!

Congratulations Uncle Gene! :D

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
YAY for gene's brother and partner!!! They get angel's wings :)

I hope they have a wonderful life with Crafty...he's a doll!! Did you tell your guys that they have a cousin yet??

·
Registered
728 Posts
Congrats on your new nephew. Glad everyone gets along.

I know two families that have adopted rescued pit bulls and both dogs are sweethearts! Very loveable. I'm a believer that it's the owners not the dogs that give them a bad rap (along with rotts and dobies)!!!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If all goes well, they will be coming for a visit on friday. They're not sure how well he would travel on the hour+ drive since he threw-up on the short drive home from the rescue. I told my brother to bring a barf bag!! :shock: :lol:

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Well a big 'WOOF' (Hello) to YOU Crafty!!! You certainly are a smart doggie for choosing part of the King family!!! From what we hear from our Mom, all your new cousins are loved to pieces, and spoiled rotten!!!! And they get their pictures taken all the time, and they get to go to the park, and they have 'get-togethers'!!! You are one lucky dog!!! We need to see more pictures of you when the opportunity presents itself...ok??? :wink:

Your friends,
Raleigh & Molly! :D :D

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My brother just called.....Crafty has been napping with him and is so much like their old pit. He's got the "readjustment runny poops", so he's on a bland diet and per my advice pepto. Doing better this evening.
I also found out more of his history. He was found wandering around Crafton....explains his name....and his legs were all cut up like he had escaped from somewhere. They did a wonderful job at the shelter with fostering and getting him used to all situations. He has already completely acclimated himself to their household and his sister Molly has already told him who rules the roost!! :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
GENE somehow I missed this post till now

Crafty ...cute name and i myself am leary of pitbulls but have seen some that are really sweet.
And if they had him in the shelter that long and free to roam relax etc i am sure your brother got much more info on Crafty than other dogs.

I am also a firm believer that the dog owner has much to do in regards to working with, loving and help shape a dog to be their best.
Congrats to your brother and how sweet to give Crafty another chance :D :D

keep us posted and more pics please

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No..... :cry: They wanted him to get a little more acclimated to his new surroundings. Hopefully soon! They do get to see Teddy today....I hope!! They need a serious romp with another dog because they don't do enough on their own..... :roll: I got home at midnight last night and it was a doodle500, x-games style!! :shock: I'm sooooo glad I have great neighbors!! :wink:

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
I can understand giving Crafty some time to adjust - How is Teddy doing, filling in nicely by now I'm sure

Glad they had a great time

Zippity Doodle, Zippyity ay, My O My what a WonderDoodle Day !
:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts