Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum so forgive me if this topic has already been discussed.
I have an 8 month old(81lb) labradoodle named Dave :D . We just love him so much! He has a ton of energy and gets 2-3 walks per day, 30 minutes each time. When he gets older, and stops growing, I was hoping to take him jogging with me...2-3 miles on trails. Does anyone jog with their doodle? Because he's so big, should I give up on this daydream? :?:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Welcome Josie, I agree, the 2-3 mile jog on trails won't be harmful once he has finished growing. You really need to be cautious of jogging on hard pavement but the trails should be fine and he will love it :) Have fun with your Doodle, they're the BEST :wink:

·
Registered
3 Posts
jogging with doodle

Hi Josie,
I'm a blader and runner one of the first things my trainer said to me was to wait until my doodle was 18 months old. Their bones and joints should be close to fully developed by then, otherwise you can damage their legs and joints. Cola is 9 months old now and I am starting to train her to get her ready for blading and running by having her heal on short jogs and power walks so that she knows to stay at my side with my pace, but I am going to wait unitl next year before we do anything serious. Hope this helps

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I uploaded pictures of him the the labradoodle photos 'user gallery' (listed under my log in name: jatangmd). I only have one recent photo of him-the one in the snow. But I'll try to put some more up soon. :D

·
Registered
689 Posts
I worked with a woman for about 2 months before I realized Dave was her dogs name. I thought it was her husband or boyfriend!

He's a cutie! My husband just started taking Chester on short runs. Chester is 18 months and 95lbs. He keeps it to trails and is working up to longer runs. Chester loves it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dave is a F1 doodle. He's been shedding less and less as he gets older(now 9 months old). Thanks for all the jogging advice/input. Until he's older, we'll stick to hiking/walking to keep him in shape.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Welcome Josie,
I am a bit late in saying hello, and I won't add to the advice because you have already been given all of the advice I could offer!
I just wanted to say that Dave (I also love the name...my hubby's name! :wink: ) is really adorable. I love big Labradoodles! He is wonderful!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts