Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been brought to my attention (by my ds) that I have neglected to post any pictures of Jett even though I have posted pictures of Copper.

So, to even up the score here are some pictures of our "other" doodle Jett.

For those of you who don't know, Jett is my first doodle. She was diagnosed at 10 mo with severe hip dysplasia and underwent Bilateral TPOs about four weeks apart. It was a hard road there for a few months, but we are very happy with the results. Anyway, without any further adoo (sp), here's Jett. :wink:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Gene, but she's a GIRL! :lol:

Linda, I remember you being here when we went through surgery. What a time that was.

Although I don't have favorites, Jett is like a wise human friend. I swear she understands exactly what you say and responds appropriately. She speaks volumes with her eyes. I love her to death.

Hi Diane, thanks.

Oh, by the way, she did get a good brushing after I saw how she looked in the pictures :oops:

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Ah, Jett holds a very special place in the hearts of those of us on the forum when she was so tiny and going through her operations! We were all pulling for her, and for you, and I remember how frightened everyone was...and how thrilled that she recovered so well.
Jett, you are BEAUTIFUL! I love seeing your pictures up here too! You are one of the originals on this forum...sort of like our mascot!
xoxoxoxox

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Jett has the sweetest softest looking eyes....and hope all continues well for Jett as well. Thanks sooooooooo much for posting her pic!! :D

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
"she's gotta a heart fulla soul" She looks like she's a dear! Thanks for the pics of both your pretty puppies!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you everyone for you kind comments about Jett.

Don't be embarrassed Gene, I was just funnin with you. Our whole family thinks Jett looks like a male dog. I can't think of anyone who has met her either, that thought she was female at first. She just has that male look about her.

(If anyone is interested, if you go to the Labradoodle Photo section and do a search on Jett you can see some pictures of when she was a puppy and some pictures of her recuperation from surgery. I posted them a long time ago, but I think they are still there.)

·
Registered
462 Posts
Everyone thinks Napa's a girl!!! It's probably the curls! Or maybe the low squatting..... HAHA Its funny how people can judge at first. Napa's in need of another collar. Perhaps I'll make sure this one is more manly! HAHAHA :lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just found out my 2.5 year old LD has hip dysplasia. We are going to try treating it medically for now. What were Jett's surgical complications, I'm sure we'll eventually end up with surgery.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Callie, I am sad to hear about your LD's diagnosis.

Jett didn't have any surgical complications. She had a normal recovery (long but normal). She was just a pup (10 mo) so she was able to have the TPO procedure. I don't think it is available for dogs over 1yr so it probably isn't an option for you to consider.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for getting back to me. The vet thinks TPO may be may be an option because she's a small dog. We will have to have a cosult with the surgeon to find out what is actually the best option. Does Jett have a "normal" dog life now? I hate the thought of my happpy dog being unable to chasr sqirrels. That is her favorite pastime.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Well, I think Jett is a lovely girl. :) Maybe she just needs a pink collar? Not that silly spiky one.

Deb

1 - 20 of 25 Posts