Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jess was talking to a couple of friends last night and found out that they had checked their admission status for U of I and found out they were accepted. Sooooo she asked to use a computer to check her status. I understand that between laughing, crying and worrying she would not be accepted (with all the kids around) she read the good news! One more college to hear from, then she can make a decision! TOO MUCH STRESS!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Congrats to all of you!

Megan said:
That is huge news.
My daughter is only in grade 9 but already worried about where to go & IF she will be accepted.
They make them plan for it so early.
Anyway, without even knowing her I say:
"Way to go! You did it! You Go Girl!"
Megan

I can't believe the amount of stress that is put on the kids these days! With the kids going into music it is even worse because most don't notify you until the middle of March!

We get to do it all over again nest year with CJ - aerospace or aeronautical engineering. CAN'T WAIT, NOT!!!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OH LISA i am soooooooo happy for you and JESS!! WOW...congrats!

·
Registered
2,499 Posts

lisarundell said:
Megan said:
That is huge news.
My daughter is only in grade 9 but already worried about where to go & IF she will be accepted.
They make them plan for it so early.
Anyway, without even knowing her I say:
"Way to go! You did it! You Go Girl!"
Megan

I can't believe the amount of stress that is put on the kids these days! With the kids going into music it is even worse because most don't notify you until the middle of March!

We get to do it all over again nest year with CJ - aerospace or aeronautical engineering. CAN'T WAIT, NOT!!!!
Tell CJ to look into Rose Hulman in Terre Haute, IN. Excellent school for what he wants to study, small but packed with opportunity. It's a topped ranked school with focus on education, not sports. He needs to keep grades up for that though. They're very selective.

G

·
Congrats, Lisa!!!! That is wonderful and I'm thrilled for her! Make sure you know the merit awards, performance scholarships and aid offered by each school before she makes a decision. The difference between schools could be very high. My daughter just was accepted at her first choice school so we are thrilled! And I too, have a son heading off next year! Aye carrumba, it's expensive! :lol:

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Congratulations! Yes, I know the stress. Gone through the application process with two, one more to go next year.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Congrats! Sounds like she had good training :wink:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Cinsmom said:
lisarundell said:
Megan said:
We get to do it all over again nest year with CJ - aerospace or aeronautical engineering. CAN'T WAIT, NOT!!!![/color]
Tell CJ to look into Rose Hulman in Terre Haute, IN. Excellent school for what he wants to study, small but packed with opportunity. It's a topped ranked school with focus on education, not sports. He needs to keep grades up for that though. They're very selective.
Thanks for the info, I started checking it out yesterday and a few more we didn't know about. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts