Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jonah had to go to the vet today for an allergy related ear infection....damn pollen!! He got Clotrimazole (10 drops each ear for 10 days) and an ear plucking. The icky stuff they pulled out of his poor ears....ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww! I've been cleaning them weekly, but it was deep in the canal. I noticed they were red the other day and cleaned them good....they didn't smell that bad then. But the last two days when his tail should be in the up (read happy Jonah) position, it's been down. He's been very standoffish (and short tempered) to the other two and extra snuggly to me (a plus). He hasn't had a whole lot of energy either.

When we got on the scale.........96#'s!! Yikers.......look out Denver!! The vet said he wants him back down to 85#, said he's got a severe case of "Jello ribs"....meaning his ribs feel like they're enclosed in a layer of jello! :wink: I think once he feels better and starts running with Rumor and Miko again and we start going on walks in the park, he'll slim down naturally.

Miko and Rumor both have allergy related eye goo, but I already had drops for that. Their ears are fine because Jonah cleans them quite frequently!! The nurse maid that he is! :wink:

G

·
Oh Jonah! Sorry your ears hurt.

And whoa big guy. Tipping the scales there huh? It's ok...just tell your dad it's your winter weight!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Poor Jonah! If only Miko and Rumor took as good care of him as he does of them!! :cry: No wonder he was short tempered with them!! And on top of that, his vet calls him Jello Ribs!! Hope he feels better soon!

·
Registered
523 Posts
95#??? Holy cow Gene, what are you feeding him? :wink:

Glad to hear he's on the mend.

Hugs!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
WOW Jonah!! I didn't realize you were such a big boy!! Jello ribs or not, you're still a beautiful dood!

Hope you feel better soon....

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Hi Jonah,

I hope your ears feel better soon. My mom took me to the vet last week for my ears cuz I kept messing with them and shaking my head. The vet was puzzled because my ear canals were clear and dry. My ear flaps were hot though and my body temp normal. He put me on a trial of antihistamine, thinking I might be developing allergies. I don't mind taking the pills cuz mom gives me a small piece of cheese after. Mom's not convinced the meds are making a total difference, but I like the cheese! Try and teach Rumor and Miko how to clean your ears. Anyway, sorry to go on and on. Feel better soon buddy!

Your pal, Cali

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lora said:

Hugs!
He only gets 3 cups of canidae split into two portions morning/night and a few lo-cal cookies a day. That's what Miko eats also, and Rumor gets 4 (skinny little devil)! Vet says metabolism for Jonah must be lower.

Mija.......Jonah says thanks, and there is a whole lotta head shakin' goin' on!! :wink:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Awe, Jonah, allergy ears are just awful. I hope they get to feeling better real soon!

Oops, forgot mention that Jett wants to know "what's wrong with Jello-ribs?" :shock: She's not fat, just fluffy! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Poor Jonah!
I hope he bounces back quickly. Ear infections are NO fun!

As for the extra weight, well heck, he's just trying to take after his Lab side. They tend to be heavier. ;)

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hey, Jonah! More of you to love, we say!
We all hope that your ears clear up quickly...poor boy...

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He did play a while with Miko and Rumor tonight....but is still a little crabby. He's snapped at Rumor a couple of times and laid down in Rumor's "spot" in the dining room. We'll see how he is in the morning....

Yes it is more Jonah to love......and I do!!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
JONAH's 95lbs :shock: and hope his ears heal soon, poor baby!

Peanut just gained a few lbs as she tries to finish off Beau's food if he isn't fast enough :roll: so she's back to the Canidae Senior/Overweight formula again hahahaaaaaa it works too

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
gene said:
Jonah says........"What you on about, Willis......I mean Auntie Blondie.......it's all muscle!!" :wink:
no problem Jello ribs hhhaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
gene said:
Lora said:

Hugs!
He only gets 3 cups of canidae split into two portions morning/night and a few lo-cal cookies a day. That's what Miko eats also, and Rumor gets 4 (skinny little devil)! Vet says metabolism for Jonah must be lower.

Mija.......Jonah says thanks, and there is a whole lotta head shakin' goin' on!! :wink:
Wow, Jonah must have a slow metabolism, Annabelle eats about 4 cups of Canidae :shock:
I'm sure once you get him back to the park and walks he will slim down, he sure does not look that big
Don't feel bad Jonah, you aren't alone, I have Jello ribs too :wink:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts