Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, not Paris Hilton... but a somewhat more humorous break from confinement....

I awoke this morning to a chorus of little barks, but didn't really come to until Deva chimed in. She's been waking me this past week when she thinks I've been in bed entirely too long and should take her out. I finally crawled out to see if she was barking at something outside or at me.

Well, there was Deva facing my door, barking insistently. Full consciousness arrived quickly as I realized that the ex-pen was lying on it's side, and there were eight little renegades running around the great room. :shock: :shock: :shock: :twisted:

Thank Heaven Deva alerted me before they got into something!!!! I appreciate her doodle intellect! Whew!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Party time!!!! hahahaha...they'd better be careful, or they'll end up
in Alcatraz with Raleigh!!!! hhahahaha

G

·
I can just picture them all banding together and pushing the xpen over, "alright, on 3, everyone push!.... Whheeeeee, we're free!"

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
did they manage their first sock hunt? :D hahhaha i could just imagine the look on your face when you a saw them hahhahhaa tiny little doodles bouncing around on their little legs

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Party time!!!! hahahaha...they'd better be careful, or they'll end up
in Alcatraz with Raleigh!!!! hhahahaha
They already have. Gone are the days of the double ex-pen, when they can stretch it out to full length, then jump collectively against the unsupported long sides. We've now divided into two groups. Other than the boy who quickly climbed out of the 30" pen yesterday (was transferred post haste to the 36" pen!), the troops seem to be secured by the new arrangement.

How do I chase eight at once?

One at a time!!! Considering a dining room table with four chairs, another wing chair, and a shipping crate in the dining nook, there are WAY too many options that would make a chase impossible. I have to wait until they come to me, then be quick with the grab. Better yet, I stop them, and spend some time praising and making over them for approaching me before I put them away. They were all pretty proud of themselves. Having Deva handy to accept some attention probably helped lure them.

No, they weren't jumping when I discovered the break. They jump when they are in the pen, but were ALL dedicated to forward motion when I discovered them, mainly through the chair legs as I approached. That's a game that could have gone on all morning if I'd suckered into it. :lol:

In response to the concept of eight newbies, Gene, it must be sort of like having octuplets... eight toddlers going in independent directions. While two of them are "helping" me clean up a mess (Paper towels are even better than socks to this gang! And they're FAST!), the other six are full speed ahead, looking for mischief. I'm beginning to get the hang of it in the past week or so, but was really broadsided (more like overwhelmed) by all the activity at first. Not having reared human kids, I didn't have that experience to fall back on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts