Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Miko has never been a big eater. She is the slowest of my three, and half the time doesn't eat it all, and some times just a few bites. Last time this happened, I'd add a little vanilla yogurt and she'd eat. A week ago, she started this again, so I'd put a dollop or two on her food. Now she won't even touch it til I put the yogurt on it. She is my finicky girl. It's so funny, when she doesn't eat and the "vacuum boys" come close to her bowl, she goes nuts on them, but she won't eat it. Any one else have a finicky eater??

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Miko you are so sweet and so good of you to keep the boys in line :wink:

Annabelle isn't finicky but she does eat when She wants too - we just leave her food out, when she's hungry she eats, only time that is an issue is if she has a house guest then we put her food in living room and block them out while she eats as she is a slow eater and all of her guests are food vacumms :lol:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With my "Food vacuums", free feeding, or leaving it out isn't an option. Usually I'll let her stand guard over it for 15 minutes after the boys finish, then I pick it up til next meal time. Her ideal world would be free feeding, but her Ideal world isn't in this house.... :wink:

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
I understand that one - AB just is not a regimented eater, but with more than one pooch, especially vacumms, you have to have feeding times :wink:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And you should see the look on her face when I don't put the yogurt on top.....think that picture of Tyke by the door..... :wink:

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
LOL I havent put anything on Annabelles food yet, but she has grown to love yogurt now that Mommy can have dairy products again.

Anyone gets a yogurt out of fridge and she sits shamelessly in front of you until you give her some of it, our favorite is raspberry :wink:

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Denver has always been a yogurt boy
and he is given more than most here without any problems
He still gets a cup of yogurt every day(breakfast).................
It is never mixed with anything as he already gets meat, rice/oatmeal,
green beans mixed in with his kibble.(breakfast and dinner) His last meal is of kibble only.
He is a great eater, but when I used to free feed him his kibble
he would leave it all day long so now he gets his plain Canidae
about 8 pm and he gobbles it up...............If I were to cut out this last meal he would have gurgly tummy all night so that is why he still gets 3 meals per day...........He is tall and lean so no problem for now.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
haha...food vacuum is a very good term - we have 2 of them here. They look at me like they have never seen food before (and drool while I make them wait to eat) at every meal.

I think it's funny Miko isn't crazy to eat, but keeps the boys away ;)

·
Registered
576 Posts
Sadie's been picky lately. Well, with her kibble anyway. She used to inhale it and now she lets it sit, and sit, and sit. I *think* she's waiting to see if I add anything to it. We've spoiled her with that. Hopefully it's just a stage. She's 52 lbs. at not even seven months so I'm not too worried just yet.

·
Registered
66 Posts
a yogurt alternative

Have you thought of adding a little fish oil to the food? I have heard from lab owners that this not only makes the food more appetizing for the dogs, but is great for the coat! Just an idea....

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I put a little vita gravy that came free with our holistic biscuits. The boys thought they dies and went to heaven.....Miko still waited for the yogurt...... :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Seems Miss Princess Peanut is a tad like Miko lately too.

if i don't put some pineapple on the food ...all 3 doodles look at their food bowl, then at each other and then stare at me hahahaa

Peanut however will hold out,
the boys will end up wolfing down their food
and yesssssssssss i give in to my little tankadoodle princess and Peanut gets her pineapple

I wonder if the weather has anything to do with Peanut getting finicky lately...as I like you Gene cannot free feed with 3 doodles

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
hahhahaa I LOVE THOSE PICS!!!!! :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts