Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may remember me asking how many of you let your doods on the furniture. I slowly won everyone in the family over and now Doc can get on the furniture! :D

P.S. The little black thing next to Doc's head is Sarah, my toy poodle. She's only the size of Doc's head and he wants to play with her and she's scared! Can't say that I blame her! :shock:

·
Registered
103 Posts
I tried to keep my Frankie off the furniture in the beginning, but since we don't crate him anymore, and only gate him in the family room/kitchen area, we would wake up every morning with him sprawled out on the couch, looking at us. We pretty much gave up on that. He is really good, and just sleeps at night, so we haven't had any problems with him destroying anything, but he sure does like the couch at night especially now with it getting colder out. He has his own bed but that must not be as comfortable at the couch.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
kim I love that picture.

and poor sarah
:wink:
Max has figured out when MOM (aka me) is around he doesn't go near any furniture except my bed. HOWEVER we have caught the teenage sons with him on the couch hahhaha oh did he look comfy!!!
but with 6 acres (of mud at times too) I ban him to a doggy bed w/memory foam hahhahhaa

·
Registered
32 Posts
Our Max is not allowed on the furniture by my husband but he's been out of town lately. Here's how comfy Max can get on our couch.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHA, thanks for the morning chuckle. That is toooooo funny :lol: It's so funny how these dogs know who they can get by with stuff and who they can't, just like kids. We have a big red leather chair and my Doodle and Poodle just love it but they know when Dad is home that they had better keep their ears open, when they hear him coming in the back door, they perk up and jump down like naughty little boys that have done something wrong :) They'll sit there and look at Dad like "no, we weren't on the chair" It's a dead give away and Dad knows exactly what they were doing. They give me so many laughs, everyday. I can't imagine a day without them :)

Gene, you have such a way with words, you crack me up :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
689 Posts
One of my favorite things is seeing Chester on one end of the couch, Archie on the other both, laying there curled up in the same position. Its almost impossible to not sit between the big bookends. Very high on the cuteness scale.

G

·
My husband is slowly coming around about the couch. He's gone from "absolutely not!" to allowing him up there almost nightly. Of course, when it's just me and Boyd we snuggle up on the couch. Boyd also knows when "dad" is coming and he'll jump off the couch and look at him with those innocent little eyes. Of course, dad highly suspects that he's been up to no good....

·
Registered
424 Posts
Our Sadie is a bit unusual in that she doesn't like being up on the furniture. She sleeps leaning against the back of the sofa with her back legs in the air, but when invited up (by the kids :roll: ) she won't. Which is fine by me! But the kids miss a dog to snuggle with in bed as our previous dog loved cuddling in bed. She is more of an under or beside the bed kind of dog.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's funny Michele! :lol: It must be a favorite doodle sleeping position. That's what Doc would have looked like if I would have taken it from that angle! :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts