Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This addresses a subject that came up last Friday.

What DO we DO with our doodles tonight at 9PM (8 central)?
For those who don't know (and could probably care less) that is when "Grey's Anatomy" airs.
Last week several of us bemoaned the fact that our darling doodles seemed to deliberately disturb our viewing of the drama.

I'm thinking a nice long walk about 8:15 ...
a bully stick while in the Den with DH ...
then shutting the Den door and locking it to prevent either of them from bothering me! :twisted:

Alas ... the hollering and the barking would probably be more disruptive than 500's. :?

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I can certainly relate...I can't remember the last time I was alone to do anything....absolutely like having a new baby :wink: :wink: I don't watch Grey's Anatomy but might like to read a book undistubured....not likely at my house :twisted:

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Mary I am doomed as Denver is on bedrest for one more day
and he is very antsy right now.
Hubby is gonna have to be creative because I am watching my show
period.
Bahaahhahhaahahaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
I dont watch G. A. I am fortunate to have a doggie door so if Annabelle wants out when I'm watching TV, she lets herself out - cookies are just around corner from TV so not an issue - only issue I have is the doodle 500 and her low gutteral yabbering at me.

As for reading, I read in bed, or try to. As soon as I get all comfy with my book, AB lays across my belly and flips my book up and gives me that, arent I adorable look :roll: which entails at least 5 minutes of my undivided attention before I allowed to proceed reading my book

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
That's why God invented DVR. We record things in this house.

It's impossible to schedule ANYTHING around here without an Act of Congress with a 2-year-old and a nearly 8-year-old, let alone TV shows. Dexter is the least of my worries in the evening!!

Perfect example: I just today got confirmation for tickets to see a taping of "The Daily Show", for 5 weeks from now....and already I'm scrambling to 'get coverage' for my mom duties for that night. So Dex is noooooo problem!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
:)

Dex and Kirby actually are pretty good about letting us watch TV. They usually calm down when we calm down. Every so often I have to let them out, but they're pretty good after 8:30-9.

Tonight I totally wore them out. Fetch, then a long walk, then a ton of fetch...they were stumbling by the end :)

Ok, time for Grey's now :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
I love Grey's Anatomy, but I watch it on DVD. Four kids, two dogs (soon to be three) and one nutty husband life is always a crap shoot. Everyone goes to bed and I run for the DVD player. lol

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Sounds like some parents need to get their priorities in order! What's more important than your dood??
If I only watch one show a week, it is this one, so for one
lousy hour I am more important than my Doodle.
Did I just say that bahaahahahhaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Oh that was a cheap dirty shot Gene
But I am still watching GA
Bahahhahhaahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Denver will be curled up with his pillow and blanky
Right beside me, I hope
Is that better??????????????

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sounds like some parents need to get their priorities in order! What's more important than your dood??
Thank you Mr. Guilt!

Remember, I do this (work in TV) for a living!
And I can't take off work for my dood! (But oh how I wish :roll: )
However .... toooo much attention makes Ebbe an even more spoiled girl, besides after a while she usually crashes on my feet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts