Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Boyd was groomed on Wednesday and he was clipped a little too much around his "poop shoot." It's really irritated looking and he actually snapped and me and my husband when we tried to look at it so it must really hurt!! He's also avoiding pooping! :shock:

Would it hurt to put Desitin on it? Anybody have any other remedies? I put some neosporin on it last night but I'm thinking some sort of diaper rash cream would be better.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
awwh...poor Boyd. Maybe you could give him some benedryl to releave the itchies?

Do you have any recent photos of him? :)

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
It is razor burn....used to happen to my terrier frequently. I put some cortisone cream on it to stop the itching, Benedryl or your Desitin would probably work as well.

It takes a couple of days to heal. Poor guy.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Oh poor thing! I hope it does not turn into a hotspot, we have been dealing with that on Barkley's bum for about a month now!!!!

I have heard you can buy spray Benedryl, a friend uses that on her allergy prone pup. It calms the itchy area fast.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll try the benadryl. Poor thing is really frustrated...

And yes, we took pics of Boyd about two weeks ago -I just need to upload them.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Poor Boyd....hope you're feeling less itchy soon!
Can't wait to see the pictures....unless they're of the "problem" area, then I'll pass thanks! :oops: :wink: :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts