Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading so many stories of people wondering about the health of their dogs, I feel this is extremely important to know.
When your dog is happy, eating and bouncing around, take the dogs temperature and establish what is a normal temp for your buddy.

Whenever, you feel something isn't right, it's an absolute necessity that you take their temperature rectally!
Within a matter of hours, a dog may die from a temperature exceeding 102.5-103.

I researched and saw that some sites had temps up to 104-105!:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock: IMO, NOT GOOD.

Here is a chart to follow:

http://hypertextbook.com/facts/1999/JieYaoHuang.shtml

Bibliographic EntryResult
(w/surrounding text)Standardized
ResultCarlson, Delbert G. and Griffin, James M. Dog Owner's Home Veterinary Handbook. New York: Howell, 1992: 407."Adult Dog: 100 to 102.5 degrees F. (rectal) (Average: 101.3 degrees F)."37.8 39.2 °CGeller, Roger. First Aid for Dogs and Cats. Veterinary Information Network, 1998."Temperature is between 101 degrees and 102.5 degrees."38.3-39.2 °CSpadafori, Gina. Dogs for Dummies.IDG, 1996: 190."… anything below 99 degrees or above 102.5 degrees is worth a call to the veterinarian."37.2-39.2 °CGerstenfeld, Sheldon L. The Dog Care Book. Canada: Addison Wesley, 1979: 33."A normal temperature is from 101 degrees to 102.5 °F."38.3-39.2 °CRivera, Angel M. and Gaveras, Peter. First Aid-A Summary of First Aid Tips For Pet Owners. USA: Waltham."Normal temperature: Dogs and cats = 101 °F-102.5 °F. Temperatures below 100 °F or above 103 °F are abnormal."38.3-39.2 °C

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Ty so much for listing this info

·
Registered
5 Posts
What is the ideal temperature for my pet dogs? How would I know they are lacking or exceeding their normal temperature? Is there any tools that we can use to check our pets health.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Lindamarie has the info needed above - 101.5 is "normal" from a recal reading; you can purchase a thermometer at most pet stores.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can squeeze out the perilla leaf or the basil leaves, basil to give the dog to drink every day. Use acemuc or bisolvo to loosen phlegm if the dog wheezes or has a runny nose too much. - When the dog is seriously ill: Regularly clean the kennel to kill bacteria and prevent them from spreading to other areas.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts