Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
thankfully we have not been broken into, Annabelle barks at the doorbell or if she hears noises. She def does not like anyone in her front yard or walking past the house, she goes crazy if she is in the backyard and sees someone. I don't know what she would do if someone broke in, I pray I never have to find out !

G

·
I think Maya would hide. She is going through this huge being afraid of men stage. She even runs for my BF. She won't even go outside if he lets her out!!!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
If they bring a tennis ball with them..........
Then we are doomed as Denver would just let them help themselves.
All kidding aside I really have no idea what he would do.
He would bark until they came into the house and after that who knows.

G

·
Bella will bark and growl and she sounds very threatening ( I know because I stayed up late one night and startled her, she thought everyone was upstairs)...But I think if they sweet talked her, she would show them around :lol:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Copper would scare the bejeebers out of anyone who would be foolish enough to come into our home. Would he attack per se, I don't think so, but the bad guy wouldn't know that. I love my Copper Boy!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Kirby would definitely bark (a lot) at anyone who would approach or enter our house...then Dex would join in. However once people come in, both doodles are very interested in meeting them (and kisses from Dexter)...so hopefully if anyone did try to break in they would be scared by the double doodle barks.

·
Registered
247 Posts
shaia barely barks, only when she's scared of something vs protecting us. she never barks at people coming and going in and out of the gate but she sure did act tough and give a big girl bark when a semi-threatening road rager guy approached my car window when she was in the front seat!!!

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
I doubt at 7 months that Bogie would hurt someone.......but he sure barks and alerts us! Actually, this morning he was barking at 4AM! He woke us and we did hear voices outside.......LOL.............but neither of us got up to look!! :oops:

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Tuesday and Marley are great at letting us know when something is not right during the night.
As far as when they are out in the front yard...they put on quite a show, appearing mean. If the person is brave enough to come up to the fence however...they go crazy and bounce up & down like "Tigger" and are quite the welcoming committee.
Tuesday has however, put herself between me and skate boarders & growled. She even "body slammed" someone who came out of no where when we were hiking in the woods. She is a solid #80 now so am sure if they were up to no good, they thought twice. I bought her for protection when hiking and I am so proud of her. I honestly think that she would protect me in a dire situation. Marley is still young and it's more of "monkey see, monkey do" but he is smart and will figure things out.

·
Registered
183 Posts
My Fred is huge and he barks really loud whenever someone comes to my house. I think his barking would be enough to scare off almost anyone--and certainly anyone worried about being detected. I think my Fred might attack someone who tried to hurt me--last election season he barked really aggressively at a politician who reached out to shake my hand--and it made me wonder how he would react if the guy was really a threat.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Cacao just barks to alert us that someone is at the door or coming to the door. Or that a dog is outside walking by. (People walk their dogs all the time and Cacao goes nuts.)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Right now poor lincoln is afraid of almost everyone he meets. ( i posted about just recently rescuing him)

Anyways, I do notice if we are out playing in the front without my DH he will growl and bark loud if someone passes. If DH is out he will give a low bark and go back to playing. He seems very protective over our two little boys and myself .

Im actually trying to figure out how to have my parents meet him if it would be better for us to go to their house first.

michele

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Toby has just recently starting to bark at cars in the
street..and every once in a while growl at a stranger
befor he go s up and offers a paw :?

he s learning from his brother and sis..and perhaps
he will turn out to be a watchdog..

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sam's bark is definitely a lot worse than his bite. He barks to alert at night. I've not heard him do this during the day but then I'm usually at work. When it's dark, Sam is up and barking immediately when he hears a noise. He runs towards the noise and generally makes a racket. During the day, he pokes his head around the corner to see who it is. Most of the time, it's someone he knows. However, he generally runs up to the person, wags his tail frantically and tried to jump on them :oops: . Aside from that, I'm thankful that Sam isn't really a barker (yet?) :shock:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts