Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...so I posted a while ago about Angel's puppy coat. She is still shedding like crazy (after 2 mos.) but is now frizzy (even after a bath) and her coat is really uneven. I can see her new coat coming in so is the fuzz just what's left of her puppy coat? It looks pretty bad right now and I hope that it will get better.

Would it be wrong to take her to the groomers and "even" her out?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Leslie M...Angel is going on 8 mos. old. She started shedding really bad a couple of mos. ago. She is a F1B...the special shedding F1B pup of the litter! :roll:

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Awwww I'm sorry I dont see the problem, I think she looks gorgeous !

I don't have a shedder, but if she is shedding/getting new coat like crazy, might be inclined to wait till she finishes her shedding to take to groomer, unless her look makes you crazy.

I still think she's gorgeous :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Mary! :) Her coat use to look like the fur on her shoulders and neck...thick and wavy (no frizz). Now, her back and sides are frizzy and patchy. It's hard to get a good pic of how uneven she really looks. I know it shouldn't matter, but I miss her "old" look. I can see her new coat coming in. It's about an inch long so far.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Peanut's coat got ony frizzy in the middle during the summer...looked like a cumberband around her middle of puppy frizz fur hahhaaa

I had her cut down to a little more than one inch which helped.Also it kept her cooler during hot temps and she dried alot faster.

I say if you prefer to have it even out and puppy fur helped along then by all means take your doodle to the groomer. You won't know if you dont try?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
So, is it true that pups blow their puupy coat anywhere from 8 to 12 months? And does it take a few months to be all switched out? Our groomer said today that Coco was blowing her puppy coat and that was one reason she is tangling more.....in some places around her neck and shoulders, she was really beginning to mat.

I can't tell what's what with her coat! :?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I correct myslef....not "puupy" coat, but puppy coat! Ha!!
Couldn't resist, before Gene, or Annmarie got me!!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Jane ... thanks for the chuckle! puupy ... myslef .... sometimes the spelling cells take the day off!

As an F1 Ebbe has that mix of scruffy and curly and frizzy .... Just like DH and me! (My niece thinks Ebbe looks like DH .... I'll have to get a pic of the two of them!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Is angel a F1 labradoodle? if she is then i agree with Gracielou that thats how Angel going to look because my labradoodle Bigfoot (F1 Chocolate) looks the same as ur Angel but only in brown. Bigfoots head is more of like humen curly hair, body is more like long curly wave and his legs are more wire frizzy. some ppl thinks Bigfoot looks ugly. when my gf first saw bigfoot she almost cry knowing that i want to adopt such a funny looking dog but after a few days she saw his sweetness and wonderful personality and fell in love with him. think of it this way angel's coat is very easy to care for.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Will you post a larger picture of Bigfoot?? Curious to see his coat a little more clearly.

Thanks !
8)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I"d LOVE to see a full shot of your nice white doodle (hint hint) :D

and Max still has the scruffy look and sheds a tiny bit though some months he waves to almost curls up on his neck and back. keeps changing every 6 weeks or so but usually similar to Bigfoot right now.

Advantage to this type of coat: dries soooooo fast, virutally little to NO maintenance. Peanut takes hours to dry with her thick fleece coat.

·
Registered
35 Posts
this phone was taken 2 days after we adopted him for this lady that never took good care of him. he looks wild hairy mad man (bigfoot) . after 2 weeks or so i got a flowbee(self hair cut system) and gave him a hair cut (i am too cheap for a groomer).

the wild man look

AFTER

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
He is sooooo cute. What a great coat! And you did a wonderful job with the Flowbee! :D

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Bigfoot is beautiful!!! as a wildman or with the flowbee cut....
I love his blonde locks on top.....just a great looking guy!
Thanks for posting the pics! Love to see them from everyone!

8)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
BIGFOOT is awesome and I love the golden highlights!! thanks so much for posting his pic. I love both looks :wink:

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Bigfoot is adorable - I love the blonde on his head and ears

you did a fantastic job trimming him with the flowbee - he looks sooo cuddley

don't be shy on posting pics of him - he is gorgeous

1 - 20 of 22 Posts