Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Different coat types from when Denver and Brother Hershey
were around 7 weeks old till now. These brothers will be one years old next Thursday May 24th. Your puppy is absolutely gorgeous and I will let the breeders guess her coat type as she is older. My guess is somewhere in between Denver and Hershey but the experts know better than I.

Denver is the smoother dark chocolate coat of the two puppies
in the middle. The other puppy to the right of Denver(The curlier one) is his brother Hershey
Below as they look today
First is Denver

Second is his brother Hershey at Christmas time

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
vall22 adorable puppy! I would have never guessed her fur would have been so long and curly/wavy. I believe she has a fleece coat, any opinions?? :)

This is our doodle Lani at 2 months old

This is Lani on her 1st birthday 12/25/06

G

·
vall22, she is adorable! I brought her picture over for everyone:

I'm wondering if she might resemble Bocker, Nancy's famous Labradoodle? Here is a picture of Bocker when he was a puppy:

And here he is grown up in the Ralph Lauren Polo ad:

and one more cuz he is so cute!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hi, what an adorable puppy!
It is hard to tell what his coat is like, really, from this picture...It seems to be flat with longer whispy hair growing as a double coat, but I am only guessing.
As you can see by the pictrues already posted, it is very hard to know!
I would have made the wrong guess on all of them, except for, maybe, Denver and Lani.
If I could see more of the coat, on his legs, chest and bottom...I would be better at guessing...right now, I honestly couldn't say.
Does your breeder have similar pups from previous litters with the same parents?

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
va...go to www.photobucket.com

creata a username and password
then upload your pictures

next highlight the IMG code beneath the picture (hit control and c at same time)

the come to forum...hit reply button now hit control and V
type what you want before or after doing above step

then hit submit and your photo shows up

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
peanut is a goldendoodle...at 3 weeks she had a tiny wave along the ridge of her bck and tiny ones on her ears and paws....at 8 weeks she looked like this

and max looked like this at 13 wks...

now at 9mos max looks like scruffy with waves down his back and peanut is 5mos in this pic and is shaggy looking and i have yet to post a pic of it but at 6mos she is curling up a tad where here waviness is on her back

·
Registered
31 Posts
It is hard to really tell the coat when they are so young, but my guess is it will be similar to Brocker's. I never knew Ralf Lauren had a Labradoodle Model. Maybe I should look into a Modeling career for Puffy :wink:

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
your pup is adorable
probably will be a shaggy shedder. (my favorite labradoodle is a shaggy shedder!)
Unless the fur is super super soft then it may be a little fleecy, but I doubt it.

here is a fleecy 8 week pup.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Ok..i have to ask, if peanut is shaggy to slight curls now forming, and ever sooooooo soft,that is a fleece coat, right? or do i have to put my fleece pullover on her to claim that kind of coat? :shock: :D

G

·
Hi Annemarie!
Hope you're feeling better!
Fleece is SILKY, wool is fluffy, cottony. Both are soft, but fleece feels slippery and 'cool' to the touch and it's shiny, wool feels fluffy like cotton balls and 'warm' to the touch and not so shiny.
I saw a Doodle with a gorgeous red coat that looked fleecy with adorable curls and when I touched him, it was very wiry! I was so surprised!
It's hard to say without touching gorgeous Peanut, but she sure is beautiful!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
jac thanks, litter of 4 and 3 looked just like above!

annmarie peanut has always looked fleece to me in her pics, but softness counts!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Brandy is adorrrrrrrrrable!!!! :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts