Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, guys, this is sort of OT but sorta not:
Sometimes I open the forum and the little
ORANGE things tell me where the new posts are, and where there aren't new, or current topics. Like tonight ALL of them were orange! cuz I haven't been here in a while.
So I read ONE topic, came back, and NONE of them were
orange!

Does anyone else see this? Or should I just blame AOL? :p

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Hi Maureen,
I'm on AOL too, and the same thing happens...don't know if it's an AOL thing or Forum thing...I just read them all!!!! :D

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
It happens to me also and I'm not on aol, I'll mention it to Mark :)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
HOLD ON FOLKS...know why it appears ORANGE?? it's the SEARCH WORD it found for you ! hahhhahaa

you do a search ok? maybe you put in the words "teething" to see what posts have this in it to read that topic. Well when you read the topics posted from this search that search word/phrase is going to be HIGHLIGHTED in orange. Actually when you think of it it is a neat feature!

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any of the sections/threads should appear ORANGE if there are topics in there that I am following, but haven't read yet.

:wink:
For example, I got an email saying someone had added a post to THIS thread....so I come look, and there's NO orange little thingy wiggling to get my attention...they're all GREY! :cry:
OR
I go check out one topic in one section....ALL of the little rectangles are orange....so I pick one.....I come back to the index and NONE of the little paper/rectangle things are orange! :shock:

That's what I was seeing, that's all.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Cinsmom said:
Annmarie, the posts are supposed to be orange if the posts are new. Not supposed to gray until they are read. Used to be anyway. I've not typed in a search, just broused.
OKay, i just know new posts have orange bell . but when I do a search my search word comes up orange in all the posts i read.

not an AOL thing rather a possible feature?

·
Registered
985 Posts
I'm on several other forums with a similar format. What seems to happen is that when you first look over the listings, unread threads are orange. But if you click on one unread thread to read it instead of opening it in a new window, when you return to the listings the orange indicators have already done their job for that session and unless there's a new message since you clicked on the first thread and then returned to the main page, they'll all show grey or whatever.

When I visit the site I always open a thread in a new window so I can keep track of which other ones are still unread.

Leslie

·
Registered
853 Posts
I don't know if this is the same thing or not, but, the posts don't light up for me unless I am logged in. If my name appears at the bottom of the Forum page, then I know I'm logged in. I don't know if I explained it right or it that's the problem with you. :?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Maureen, I used to think I was always logged on automatically, too. Just for good measure, when you don't have the orange thingies, check at the bottom of the forum page (where you can see who's logged on) and see if your name is there. That's how I discovered that I wasn't always logged on. Maybe that's not it at all, but, I'm curious now! :wink: :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts