Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dulcie is now 5.5 months old and has started to lose her coat profusely. It started off as just a little a couple of months ago and is now everywhere!!! She is cream coloured so it really shows up. She is also acting more 'high spirited' than before, where I had hoped she'd calm down as she got older!

Please, please tell me that this is just blowing the puppy coat and not now a lifetime of dog hair everywhere!

Also, did anyone else find that once their dog had blown the coat, did the actual coat change much at all? Dulcie is slighty scruffy, but not as much as we had thought she would be.

Thanks and looking forward to your advice!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hi Laura,

I wish that I could say that your pup is blowing her puppy coat, and it may well be...but generally that happens closer to the year mark...

Is Dulcie an F1? If so, she could change her coat a few times before it becomes what her adult coat will be.

Many F1s DO shed. My two F1s shed a lot during their first year but slowed down after a year...they do still shed, but not much at all.

You might want to ask your breeder how the other litters from Dulcie's parents have been, as far as shedding.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.