Labradoodle Forums banner

Introductions Forum Now Open!

13K views 37 replies 31 participants last post by  MSTEIN 
#1 ·
Someone suggested we add some "off-topic" forums to the site... I think it's a great idea.

A lot of you view each other as being "family", so I think it's only good to let people talk without bringing the other forums off topic.

This would be a great place to introduce yourself, especially if you're a new member to the forums.

-Mark

#27 ·
Introducing Mika

Dog Water dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog

She is our first Austrailian Labradoodle. She is the sweetest, nicest, friendliest dog we have ever had. We owe it all to her breeder. She turned seven last May. We almost lost her last year due to copper elimination disease last March. I can't say enough kind words regarding our veterinarian or the staff of MSU Veterinary Clinic. They saved her life.

#28 ·
Mom of 2 beautiful Labs :)

Hi!

Yes, I have 2 beautiful labradors, a black lab and a retriever. I love them, I spend all the time I can with them. Im a freelance writer and I work walking and training dogs. Im glad I found this forum :)

I would like to share tips, stories and learn about all of you guys.

Thanks!

#29 ·
My Georgie Girl

Hi! Excited to have finally joined this group! We are in new territory these days with our new addition, Georie. She's an 11 week old Labradoodle (F1B), and our first time getting a big dog. Our other dog, Cowboy, is a 15 year old shitzu so it's a whole new (and larger) world and we are loving it!

Now for the question you've seen a million times...What will this girl turn out like??? She's changed SO much in the last several weeks it's unreal! We thought she'd be wavy fleece when we got her, but now we're just stumped! Thoughts?

Brown Dog Dog breed Liver Carnivore
3 1/2 WEEKS

Dog Dog breed Liver Working animal Carnivore
6 WEEKS

Dog Eye Liver Dog breed Carnivore
10 WEEKS

#31 ·
Hello everyone

I just found this forum. I have a four month old female Labradoodle named Bailey. She is wonderful. She is potty trained. We have been thru puppy classes and we are now attending basic obedience classes.

She is very sweet, great with my 5 grandsons and my 10 year old rotti. Bailey is 18 pounds and growing fast. She is very picky about her food. We have been feeding her TLC pet food (suggested by the breeder) but she will not eat it anymore, so I have to add things to it to get her to eat. Any suggestions?????????

We live in Pennsylvania

Attachments

#32 ·
Good day all. User id: Nick79 but everyone please call me Bill. Owned a "Labradoodle" long before they became fashionable. "Lady" was an accident that the breeder wanted to get rid of. She was a spectacular Family member who lived 16 years. I built a ramp for her over our deck steps which I am sure eased some discomfort she felt by age 11. She was a straight black haired LD that looked very pure Lab and was very smart. After she passed I was hesitant to get another pet. I didn't want to try to "replace" her and didn't want a new animal compared to her. Well some years have past, I now Summer in NY (home) and Winter in FL. Our FL condo has an animal weight limit of 40 lbs. So I adopted a female mini - labrdoodle named Palmer this week. She is 13 1/2 weeks old and I have forgotten some of the "work" needed to help her start adjusting to her new home. I am sure I will need help along the journey. Anyway - happy to have found this forum. Bill

#38 ·
Hi - we just picked up our Labradoodle puppy from the breeder this past weekend. Sadie is her name and she will be 11 weeks old tomorrow.
My nearly 14-year-old F1 passed away early October and I completely forgot how hard this job can be. I feel like I am out of sorts on how to raise a puppy and feeling a bit overwhelmed.

We are crate training and that is going well but her bowels were loose. We took her to the vet because of a lump on her side that got larger after we picked her up. we had originally thought it was a small lump from vacinnes. however, it got large! The vet said it was an infection (abscess) and it had to be drained. Poor little thing got shaved and and cut open to drain it. She is now on antibiotics.

They also found her to have coccidia which has me upset. The same antibiotic they are using for the abscess they said will cover the coccidia. They put her on Albon 125 mg per day for 11 days. Recheck stools and wound after that.

Here is a picture of her... she is a F1 and is to get (probably) about 40-45 pounds.

Iwould love to hear any advice you have on helping me raise her to not chew my furniture and be a good girl!!! LOL
Dog Vertebrate Dog breed Carnivore Dog supply

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Grass Fawn

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.