Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We brought Quinault ("Quin") home on Monday. He is almost 13 weeks. He's a medium size multi-gen with a black fleece curly coat. He is very sweet - and he is settling in nicely. He was already crate trained by his breeder - which has made things easier on us! He mostly slept in his crate on the long ride home. And he goes into his crate all by himself when he is sleepy or needs a break from his "big sister" (our 3 year-old daughter, Zoe). Potty training is going well. He had runny poops the first couple days due to the stress of the ride, the vet, the new environment - but a little Pepto Bismol helped. (We did try pumpkin - which helped a bit - but the Pepto really did the trick.) Now that his tummy is settled, he has been accident free for the last 24 hours or so. He sleeps in his crate next to our bed and has been waking us up at around 1 AM and then 5 AM to go outside. Today he went back in his crate and went back to sleep (after a few minutes of entertaining himself with his stuffed bear) and slept until 8 AM - love this pooch! He has learned to sit for his food and treats. When he jumps up in his x-pen or on Zoe he responds to "off" - and Zoe has learned to put her hands behind her back, stand up straight and look at the sky until he stops.

Ok, enough bragging. :wink: Here is a link to some photos:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=9AbOGrlq5aMWo

(I have not been able to upload to a gallery on this site - I keep getting an error message. Not sure if it is me or the site.)

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Congratulations!
Quinn is stunning! Love the shock of white hair on his chest! And, Zoe...oh, my goodness, she is a love!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Marty,
I do live in Seattle. Doodles are coming out of the woodwork around here now that we have one - I hear about them everywhere! Where did you get Jorja? I see from your photos that she arrived by air. We got Quinault in BC.
Lisa

·
Registered
2 Posts
We are in Tacoma Washington. We don't have our doodle yet. He/she will be due this Summer. We to are getting a multi-Gen Labradoodle. Our will be coming from Jackie at Washington Labradoodles. Its nice to see others from this state. I know one other person that I met online that has a Labradoodle also. Maybe someday there will be enough of us to have a Doodle Romp... Christina

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Welcome Christina!! Congratulations on your new expected puppy! Be sure to post pictures when you get your new baby.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Oh! Okay...but you know, I tend to forget from time to time anyway...I have so many real names, dog names and forum handles to remember they sort of all jumble into one! (Besides, I have a sixty-second memory... :oops: ) But I am glad that you refreshed my (faulty) memory now...still...welcome (back!) :D

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi Lisa,

This is fantastic to know others live in the area. Jorja came from Labradoodles by Janda which is in Augusta, KS. I began looking for a Doodle and tried all over around here but I wanted a mini and wasn't finding one. Then my husband said that he thought a friend of ours in Kansas breeds Doodles so I looked him up on the internet and he has quite the business going. My husband called John and that's how we came to get a puppy there.

I sure was nervous having her fly all that way but she did great! My husband said he had to photograph the birth at the airport so he took the day off. :) At least, you probably didn't fly to get Quin which is so nice.

It's great to meet you!

Marty

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi Christina,

Welcome back. I bet you are excited to get your puppy. I think there will be more and more of these special dogs around. I can barely take Jorja on a walk to get any exercise. Everyone wants to visit with her and now wants one too. My neighbor said his daughter has a mini too that she got from Bellingham.

Marty

1 - 12 of 12 Posts