Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering the cost of breeding stock, I'm sure you would want some sort of insurance on them, I'd assume mortality and loss of use.

Can any of you suggest insurance carriers with whom you've had a good experience, or a not so good one? Suggestions on whom to contact to purchase insurance?

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
I have tried too, my insurance man said to look into business insurance and see if you can insure them as business assets.
I have not found a company yet, but have not really checked either...if you find some, please let me know!
(It is a GREAT idea!)
You don't want to go through your home owner's insurance because it might make them concerned since you are raising dogs, but our homeowner ins guy said, "You'd have to take a hand, put it in their mouth and force them to crunch down...these dogs are not a danger." I am glad he sees it that way!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Homeowners' Insurance

I would expect the homeowners insurance to deny coverage to anything that would be considered a business venture, which brings up a whole New wrinkle .. LIABILITY! Yeeks!

Let me check with some of the carriers who offer this type of insurance to horses. Since they do animals, perhaps they'd consider dogs, too.

Deb

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
We can't even insure our whelping house under our homeowners policy because we put our company name across the front of it and it would be obvious that we raise Labradoodles. Our insurance agent said if he sent the picture in of the building, the company would cancel us in a heartbeat :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts