Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my Mom went away for the weekend and who do you think is watching her dood (Coal's sister Frenchy)? Why me of course! I have two 12 week old puppies ALL weekend. When Frenchy got here there was about 3 hours of wrestling. They have since tired themselves out and I am hoping that they sleep well tonight! I will be posting a new album probably tomorrow with pics of the two of them together. They look so cute! Wish me luck!!! :shock:

·
Registered
146 Posts
wow, how are you holding up with the two pups? It seems like things are sort of settling down a bit at this age, but I still can't imagine having two at the same time. Fun, but two times the work!

Take care

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I posted some pics of the two of them together in my gallery. It has been going fine. They keep each other busy. I think Coal is going to be a little disappointed when Frenchy leaves tomorrow night though!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I think Frenchy is silvering and Coal (at least right now) looks like he will stay black. Their mom is a silver (or blue I guess) labradoodle and their dad is a cream poodle. I guess I had just figured that they would both silver. I didn't care either way as I love black and silver but it never occurred to me that one would silver and one stay black. Ah genetics is a wonderous thing! Coal, from the day my mom and I picked up our puppies, was a darker black. I know that "darker black" sounds funny but I guess you can appreciate it in the photos. Frenchy's nose looks like it has a silvery ring around it. If any experienced owners / breeders want to comment on if this is the typical silvering pattern, please do! Well, I am going to work today and leaving hubby alone with the two dogs! My 11 year old was a great help yesterday and so I think it will be fine. I'll be glad when I come home from work and we are down to one labradoodle puppy!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Stacy,
I had a toy poodle. He was jet black, so black we named him Eight Ball and called him "Eybe". You can imagine my surprise when he turned totally silver. The longer the hair the lighter he got. He always wore the scruffy coat.

At first, I didn't want Gunner to turn silver. I thought he would remind me of Eybe all the time. Now, I don't really care either way...they are two different dogs. Gunner has a lot of the Poodle tendencies in his play and learning! He really is becoming a great dog!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Funny you should ask! Coal was definitely down in the dumps yesterday. When I would take him out to potty, he would go potty, start sniffing all around the area, then just sit down and gaze down into the backyard. I don't know if he still smelled her or was just remembering all the fun he had but I think he was bummed yesterday for sure. I gave him extra attention. This brings me to a question though, do dogs thrive better when they have a doggie companion or can a family of humans be just as good for them? Coal sure did enjoy having Frenchy. Did y'all see the pics of them together? They looked so cute and I find it funny that they actually look male and female. Frenchy looks more girlie to me. Thanks for asking about my little Coal-ster!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts