Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you look in some of my past posts you'll notice I have a Labradoodle named Molly who is almost 6 months. She was born 4-25-07. I got her in July from a breeder. Her dad was a black standard poodle and her mom was a yellow lab. I saw her brothers and they all had the fluffy curly Labradoodle coat, but Molly has more of a straight lab like coat with a beard. She has not been spayed yet.

She is very sweet but my husband and I just bought a new home. Unfortunately it is so expensive here in NY that my husband had to get a second job just to pay the bills which means some days Molly only has human contact for approx. 3 hours. I feel so guilty. She deserves more!!

Also I have a 1 year old who is still crawling and has been accidentally scratched by Molly in the face quite a few times. She just wants to play but doesn't understand hes just too small. The same little one is also very allergic to fleas. His flea bites turn into cysts and then we have to have them drained. The last time was on his head and also his private. Poor baby!! Molly is on Advantix, but I'm told fleas can still be transported on her from the outside.

I have never given up a dog in my life. I feel terrible, but its just not working out for us or Molly.

I contacted my breeder and she told me to put Molly in a local paper. I figured I would ask all of you first because you all seem like sweet people. My husband and my son are devastated, but I keep telling them it is not fair for Molly to be alone ALL day.

I think she would be best in a home with another dog or with a SAHM. If any of you can help me out I would really appreciate it. I am located in Long Island NY. I will drive if I need to, to meet you. I'm just not sure what to do. I want to make sure she has a good permanent home :( Hers a few pics from the past http://labradoodle-dogs.net/forums/post-50516.html&highlight=#50516

Thanks everyone :(

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
I don't know of anyone looking for a doodle, but wanted to tell you I'm so sorry of what you're going through.

Have you tried contacting Shannon from the IDOG doodle rescue? They work to place doodles in need of new homes.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OH Amy , i am soooooooos sorry to hear of your predicament and will say some prayers MOllY gets a really good loving home as you have provided for her to-date.

There are some on this forum that may help you and this is the place to come to. Just make sure you give all the pros/cons/quirks, likes etc in order to find the best family for both MOLLY and them.

(((((amy))))))))) thanks for listing molly in the paper

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Amy, I am so sorry! First off, you should probably contact your breeder. Check your contract before you do anything. They may help re-home her. If it isn't in your contract, definitely contact idog rescue....they do a wonderful job. Good luck to you and your family...I know that this was/is a very hard decision for you to make. Please keep us informed if there's anything we can do! Wish I had room for three!!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Amy, so sorry that things did not work out for you....take heart tho, and be postive that Molly WILL find a good home!!!! Sending hugs and prayers that this will be accomplished soon..!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
I too am so sorry that you have to make such a tough decision.
Hopefull someone reading this knows of someone looking for a precious Doodle..............Good luck

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did contact my breeder

I was hoping she would be of help, but she wasnt. She just told me to advertise her in the paper. Id hate to do that :(

Molly is just SO full of energy. She wants so much attention..

She sits, and shakes paw when you tell her to. She also wont eat something you put on the ground for her until you tell her to go get it. She comes when you whistle for her. She never started chewing anything until we started leaving her for long periods. :( She does have a crate and doesnt go to the bathroom in it. She likes to sleep in the same room as the adult. She does occasionally and rarely have accidents. She is not really used to a leash, but does well after a few minutes. Just a typical puppy I guess.

Basically she just needs and deserves a lot of attention.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
And that face......I'm sure someone has Shannon's e-mail address. They may even be able to find a foster home til a forever home is found. My heart aches for you and prayers go out your way from all of us!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you

I contacted Shannon and Jo and they wrote me back already saying they think they know of just the person who wanted a second Labradoodle. So pleas ekeep your fingers crossed that the woman will agree to take her. That would be wonderful.. I sure hope my son will take the news o.k. :(
I have some more pictures Id like to share soon. :(

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear of your predicament. I'm glad you're getting some positive leads to finding a good home for Molly. We send big hugs to you!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I wish I had seen this before! If that person doesn't work out, please pm me!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Amy, any news yet?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi! Well the first woman decided Molly was not for her when I told her that she shed. I have an application from one woman right now, but she has a 10 year old deaf cat and Im just not so sure Molly and the cat would be the best together. I just emailed Kristin. Id love for you to send in an application so I can get to know you better :) I emailed you the link. BTW - I LOVE Sandys blog! SO cute!

Thanks so much for all your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
KRISTIN KRISTIN KRISTIN!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG, just read back on any of her posts to get to know her better!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ellabee said:
KRISTIN KRISTIN KRISTIN!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG, just read back on any of her posts to get to know her better!!!
Thanks! I was just doing that when my computer stopped working. Back on again and reading and she seems so sweet!! It really does seem perfect :)

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Kristin would give Molly such a wonderful, loving home. Kristin adopted Sandy from me so I only have wonderful things to say about the kind of home Kristin and Annie would provide for Molly. And I know Sandy would be a GREAT brother and playmate :D :D

1 - 20 of 60 Posts