Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI everyone!!! i know i've been a bit scarce and mostly a lurker lately rather than an active hooligan . And still somehow a serious moderator :wink: :D

OK here's the hard cold facts:

1.DAVE is in a new job as his previous company went out of business
he's waiting for #2 stated below to take off then start up in contracting again.
2. I am trying to start up my financing career again after a year's absence
as i do mtg's , refi's etc in both residential personal and commercial lending in 23 states now.

3. I just decided to hold off a little bit on Doing a dental implant surgery over again as it was a failure just 2mos ago

4. I have possibly a few leads on people that may be interested in BEAU
which i am doing my best to ensure he gets a really good LOVING Home
whether it's here as a guradianship or out of state

5. I am working almsot daily on still training all 3 doodles, also play 45min fetch each morning and again at night when possible.

AND OMG the other big shocker which has had me busy is
6. MY 20yr old Daughter who moved back home is pregnant and due with her baby in Late Nov/Early Dec 2008 and lets say both sides of the family are almost all notified hahahaa and meeting this Sunday.

YES i am going to be GRANDMOMMIE which I think i am too young for this, as i am ONLY 46yrs old.

any suggestions for grandmother type of nickname that don't sound OLD
please suggest away!!

So Let's say God put lots of food on my plate recently and i was figuring out a way to eat it all up and not gain weight nor stress out hahahahhaaa

where there is a will there is always a way , things do happen for a reason which at the moment i haven't figured out but
INSTEAD i am being PROACTIVE, positive, and getting my sleep at night.

OH for some reason my sense of humor is activated again...I am beginning to feel like my ole self again

so GENE, SUE ,LINDA, Diane...watch out !! heh heh heh!!!
and all other NON-Named hooligans too! :wink: 8) :lol:

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Well . . . that was a mouthful . . . let's see where to start:

I'm also too young to be a grandma--at least I was when the first one was born!! So I'm Nana--which I don't really like, so let's think . . . my fried is called Nonna which it the Italian version . . . better?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Annmarie, BREATHE! Diane said it, "what a mouthful!" Congrats!

My mom was 42 when her first grand child was born (not mine! ) the mother in-law was only 36 :shock: . How about Gram, that is what we called my grandmother.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Wow - quite a lot of info. I hope everything works out.

As far as "grandma" we have a bunch of names being used in our family. Nonna, Pama (as opposed to Papa), MiMi, MaeMae, Nana and Grammy (although that one screams "grandma"), and "momma momma"

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
annieG said:
Well it could be worse....YOU could be pregnant. :roll:

How about Gran Marie?
hhahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa OH ((((annie)))))))))))) you are quite the wisegal

unless i am related to the virgin Mary i am never getting pregnant again hahhaaaaaaaaa OH what a great laugh you just gave me.

NOW GranMarie hmmmmmm i kinda like that one

Nana is OUT that is my Ex-mom inlaw's
my mother is Nanny
GRAM??? hey i aint' that old yet

well i have a long ways to go before i am called anythign but
BLONDIE by Gene hahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

and well Beau ...a few are "thinking" at the moment and hopefully by end of weekend maybe have firmer decisions?

and i am making sure my daughter is eating right, sleeping right, and probably going to drive her nuts! hahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
:D

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Oh Gosh Annmarie - you weren't kidding when you said you had a lot on your plate... Lots of hugs to you and yours from my crew.

As far as a name... you can try to pick out your own name but your grandbaby will make the final decision. My mother wanted to be simply "grandma" however Annie was born a southern girl and my mom was Mima from the time Annie could make out words!

Congratulations and many many hugs

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
When my kids were small they called their 2 grandmothers by their pets names. One was Grandma Chico and the other Grandma Flick. These names really stuck and they still use them today :wink:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Wow! I can relate to feeling too young to be a grandmother. Six years ago my then-19 year old, and pregnant, daughter moved back home. On top of all the thoughts and emotions--of which there are many--that comes with such news, I too could not accept being called "grandma," so we decided I would be Ya-Ya.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Ronnie said:
Wow! I can relate to feeling too young to be a grandmother. Six years ago my then-19 year old, and pregnant, daughter moved back home. On top of all the thoughts and emotions--of which there are many--that comes with such news, I too could not accept being called "grandma," so we decided I would be Ya-Ya.
Sounds familiar - I was 19 when Annie was born - she'll be eight this summer. Its been a long hard road but my life is about as good as it gets these days :) Hugs to all the young grammy's on the forum. Thanks for being there for your girls :)

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Well... quite alot of young Grannies here! My daughter came home from her freshman year at college pregnant. :roll: I was only 40 when my lovely granddaughter was born. She is an absolutely lovely child and gave my daughter a purpose in her life. Things have worked out wonderfully for all of us.

Cali usually just calls me Grandma but sometimes Grammy. The older generation became "named" grandparents, ie Grandpa Gus, instead of just Grandpa.

In other news, I've been waiting for an update on Beau. I know it is breaking your heart but it sounds like you are sure this is right for you. I hope you find the perfect family.

Congrats to Dave on the new job!

Deb

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I'm 53 and have 2 granddaughters, ages 8 and 2, and another on the way. Their Mom is my oldest dd, and was 26 when her first was born.

The one expecting now is 19, will be 20 in May and is due in July. It happens. We adjust and go on to love the babies and support the moms in whatever reasonable ways we can. Dd is a freshman in college studying criminal justice and the babies father is a 4 time felon who's spent several years in prison. I've quit expecting life to make sense. :roll:

I wish you the best of luck Annemarie. The situation may not be ideal, but I'm sure you'll love being a grandma anyway. OH BTW My grands call me Nonna B.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
HaHa! I was one of those Kids that came home my second year in college pregnant! My mom could not accept the fact that she was going to be a gramma till about a week before my daughter was born.
CONGRADULATIONS!!!! I like the name "Gran Marie"
My oldest two are 29 & 26, with my youngest turning 16 next week. I am actually looking forward to some grand-babies! Just hopefully not with the 16 year old! (she's a good girl)
Everyonce in awhile it all comes at you fast....just take a big breath and know that it will all be over soon. You just do the best you can, and that's the best you can do.
With Beau...he is a beautiful dog, you'll have no problem finding a good home for him. :wink:

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
WOW!! OMG!!! You have been busy. Well for the name I have a few suggestions my friend is called Mugu. Her grandkids couldn't say Grandma. And my boys call my mom Nanna, and my mother-in-law Gran. Now my boys named them we tried to have them call them Grandma but it didn't work out. FYI whatever they call you will be special, and you have tons of time. But you are too young to be a grandma.

I hope that helps. I also hope life chills out for you.

:D :D :D

G

·
Wow Annmarie that is a lot of news. Congrats on the new baby!

It's funny how life goes sometimes. However we all know that you have a great outlook on life so you will get through these little bumps soon enough. Meanwhile have fun helping your daughter come up with names for both you and the new baby!

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Oh wow, Annmarie! Congrat's on the new grandbaby! ?

My first GB is due Oct. 17th, so I can relate, though I'm a little older. :roll: I've always NOT wanted to be called Nana - sounds too much like a yellow fruit. I always thought just plan Gram sounded more like what I'd like to be called, but it will probably be up to the grand child with what I'll be stuck with.

Good luck with your renewed endeavor and with Dave's new job.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Congratulations! I like MiMi or MeMe but my daughter calls my mother-in-law Grandma. I am due just before your daughter, in mid-November. :D

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Too bizarre...Annmarie and I are the same age - she's gonna be a grammie, and I have a 3-year old. Was I a late bloomer or what??

ANNMARIE - CONGRATULATIONS from the bottom of my heart. It seems the roller coaster ride has started, so buckle up and hang on!!!!

You'll do great on all fronts...how can you not??

1 - 20 of 33 Posts