Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, if you want to feel old, the new HISTORICAL Amercian girl doll has been announced and she is 9 year old Julie from 1974!!
Aack, I think I'll go have a drink! :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
wow...1974 the year my brother was born and I was in 7th grade :shock:
hahahhaa and I even remember that is also amazing :wink: :D

Pink Floyd "the wall" came out hahhahaaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Tink said:
Oh how depressing!
I graduated HS in 73!
Uh oh , TINK is OVER a half century old hahhahaaaaaaaaaaaa :mrgreen:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
blueteal said:
My daughter was born in 1973.............
I had just turned 18 years old..........
how much of an ariel view do you have standing on that hill Sue :wink:

( I know y'all understand when i let out the wee devil in me , it's cause i love you all the same way you show your love with my typos hahaha)

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
MaxandMe said:
blueteal said:
My daughter was born in 1973.............
I had just turned 18 years old..........
how much of an ariel view do you have standing on that hill Sue :wink:

( I know y'all understand when i let out the wee devil in me , it's cause i love you all the same way you show your love with my typos hahaha)
I believe there are a few here that are standing on that hill beside me
teehee

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
I'm right there with ya Sue +1, but just so you know when you get here Annmarie - it's not the downside of the hill yet, it flattens out for a long time when you reach 50 :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
thanks mary as i have 4 years left to join y'all on the hill hahhahaaa
for now I think i'll enjoy the upward battle 8)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Vanessa since you're so young and vibrant, you think you can carry me up to the hill soon so i can join the others?
we can make you an honorary member if you like! :shock: :D

and you're right...i like to say we're like a fine wine

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Caribou did a coffee donation that we served at a benefit concert, and I ran in to my old choral director from high school...still teaching! I told him who I was and class of 1976....he went "wow", so I think I made us both feel old! Now he says he's going to try to get me into his church choir....me and my big mouth!! :wink:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
My '14 mos. younger' sister was a bicentennial baby ... she hits the acme next April! Me ... I kinda like the view from the hill ... but there are moments ....

My husband's company was asked two summer's ago if they could send some employees to Louisville to help at the Rolling Stones concert (hands on kinds of things, security, event staff). One of his early twenty-something employees said she's go, but "do they have a lot of hits?" :shock: :shock: :shock:

.... that's when I feel gravity pulling me down the hill!

I wonder what kind of music will be performed at the nursing homes when my time comes? The Who, The Beatles, The Stones, Led Zepplin ... All these gray haired ladies grooving to "Satisfaction" and "My Generation"?

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
NOW which forum member do you think they'd play

" when the saints go marching" when they go to a nursing home? hhahahaa

i have my thoughts but love to hear YOURS first hahahhaaa

·
Registered
728 Posts
MaxandMe said:
Nope, that was '79, my second year at Penn State. Can't say I remember it well... :oops: Dark Side of the Moon was '73.

Obviously, "when the Saints come marching in" won't be playing when I enter the nursing home.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Echo said:
MaxandMe said:
Nope, that was '79, my second year at Penn State. Can't say I remember it well... :oops: Dark Side of the Moon was '73.

Obviously, "when the Saints come marching in" won't be playing when I enter the nursing home.
I know cause it is RESERVED for me 8) :D

and now you have me thinking i need to look up some songs that came out in mid tolate 70's

1 - 20 of 24 Posts