Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for TV services that I have already canceled TWICE.

I have Direct TV and have always ordered the NFL Sunday ticket. I called once to have it removed from my programming because the team I watch had more than half its games locally televised. I noticed they never removed it from my programming list and I called again in early September to cancel it. The girl assured me that it was removed off my programming and I didn't check (stupid stupid me). I just logged on to make changes to the account I have listed for the automatic payments, and noticed it is still listed! I've been getting charged $168 per month for 5 or more months and my programming package shouldn't have been more than $110

I swear - I'm like a jinx when it comes to money lately. I have a part time job that I keep just to get out of my work at home rut that I get into, and I put that cash in a separate rainy day account... my employer (small local business) bounced a $415 paycheck and I had to eat over $300 in bank fees that resulted from it.

Annie's portable DVD player that I bought from Radio Shack for her birthday in August stopped working suddenly - it spins the disk but it will not play it. I highly doubt Radio Shack will exchange it for me after 4 months, and since we're going on a car trip after Christmas, I'm going to have to replace it.

GRRRRRR I'm really mad.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
kristin....call Direct TV and tell them you are going to file a complaint with the State Attorney General's office and YOU want to know where to send it to (their address) Usually this brings about a REFUND

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
O Kristin, how aggravating I fought with my cable company for 5 months before finally getting charges off my bill - you never get the same person, their customrer service is in India and when you complain, you get I can't help you need supervisor, then you wait again and again

Be persistant and Annmarie had a grea suggestion

Your Boss should have to pay for your bank fees

sending hugs your way

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
I had the same problem with xm radio. My radio broke, I canceled service, got billed again 6 months later..... :twisted:

Most products come with 1 year mfg warranty. Unless it was damaged they should replace it.....if you have receipt or they can look it up. I worked customer service for Best But for 4 years....if they do it, Radio shack should also.

Good luck on both accounts!!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Seriously call DirectTV...we had similar problems with Verizon adding things to our cell phone bills and they always remove them.

If DirectTV gives you trouble, tell them you want to cancel your service and I'm sure that will be more than enough to get something done!!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
If the payments are being made by credit card, call your credit card company and ask them to reverse those payments and to disallow any further without your express consent.
They will do that...explain why and they investigate and will reverse...now, the TV company MAY file suit, but you can defend it....look at your contract with them and see what you are required to do. You may have signed a promise to keep the program up for a specific time.
Write, don't call, and "recap" your dealings with them so you have a good paper trail. Put in dates and people you spoke with, if you can.
I am not at the computer much, but feel free to PM me if you want more info...I'll get back to you when I can.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Seriously, when i do financing this is how i get to the bottom of credit cards, IRS tax bills, wrong credit reported and more

persistence is the key............Kristin know what? i can do a conference call with you from my house where you give me permission to fix this bill and i can say i represent concorde mtg legally

it's up to you ....i'd love to give it a shot

At&T sent me a refund for $227 ...Sears took 10 months but cleared my credit and gave $30 refund....Verizon took off miscellaneous wrong charges

I've hadd the cable company here get their fannies to my house 3 times and put in all NEW cabling etc and FREE of charge and get a $20 towards a bill
they also billed me for movies i didn't order...they took off the $150
when i do it for someone else it is NOT stressful

it's persistence and months of calls sometimes
Write down date, time and WHO you talk to you every time!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
This is just wrong. Make them remove the charges. If you don't get help from customer service start going up the ladder. I'm so sorry this happened to you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts