Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to make everyone aware of the Romp Around the World on April 28th. This will be in conjunction with the International Day of the Dog. Doodle owners, enthusiasts and breeders around the world are getting together on the same day. I am the liaison for Kansas and will be organizing the event for Kansas. Anyone that would like to help me out with getting this thing going can send me an e-mail and we can toss around some ideas. I am looking into renting the fairgrounds here in my town so it won't matter if mother nature throws us a curve ball. There has been a HUGE response all over the US and Canada so please help in making this a big success. We would eventually like to have a DoodleStock, wouldn't that be FUN?!!!! To see where all the romps are going to be held, you can go to IDOG's website at www.idog.biz/RAW.html

I welcome any and all volunteers :!: :D :!:

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Oh wow what a great idea. I can not find anything for British Columbia, Canada so I have sent for information as I have no idea as to how you go about doing an event of this size.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Sue, the event can be as large or as small as you want it to be. Doesn't have to be anything elaborate, just fun. I'm glad you have contacted IDOG for more info, they can tell you if someone is having one in your area and if not, advise you on what you can do. I would run an ad in the paper for all doodle lovers to contact you if they are interested in a romp on the 28th of April (or something to that effect) that will give you an idea of how many people will be interested. You can just meet at a dog park or anywhere that is dog friendly, you can have fun little games or just sit around and talk doodles, whatever. Have fun and let me know how it goes.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's great Maddie, I look forward to seeing your pictures. I'll be sure to post pics also.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hey Lisa... Chicago isn't on the list yet because we don't know what we're going to do yet. We're going to do SOMETHING, we just don't know what yet!

Bridget, Summer, and Duke

and GO BEARS! (Right now there's 2:16 in the 4th) WOOOOO HOOOOO!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hey Lisa... we could do it at the forest preserve, but we were hoping to find something indoors if we could! But we always have the dog park as our plan B!

Bridget, Summer, and Duke

1 - 11 of 11 Posts