Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
When showing available puppy photos it would be great to also have a photo page of previous litters from the same parents (grown up). Many have a collection of their grown up, happily placed dogs, but the identifying parentage (is that a word? :lol: ) is not there. And many breeders own multiple dogs, so you can't just figure it out.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Linda,

Do you mean those breeders on this forum should post grown up photos of puppies they have pictures of....and their parents? I am a little confused. Should they have those on their websites? Or are you just interested to see the photos of those two parent dogs with their various litters....and then some of those same puppies grown up....?

Sorry, if I am totally misunderstanding you....
:oops:

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry! I mean on their websites! And I would like to see the grown puppies from the same parents of their current litters for sale. So, if you are looking at a puppy to purchase, you get a good idea of how he will look when he is grown (coat color, texture, size).

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
OH, OK!! I get it! Good idea! I sent photos of Coco to her breeder as she has gotten older...and apparently not many, if any others that got a littermate of Coco's has sent any photos or stayed in touch....I think that is weird...but maybe its not. She has used Coco's photo to show others what they can look like....Unfortunately, Coco looks like very few other doodles.....

I think your idea is great though! Wish breeders would do that!!
Surely some do.
8)

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I know what you mean, i do so try to do that, it helps from having to discribe the look of a doodle they all can look so different and words just cant discribe :? :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
My breeder every few months does try to contact and see how things are going with the puppies as they grow up. some always send her pictures with notes 2 times a year, others don't.

we are both compiling pictures , noting color of red from 9weeks old to present age ...or if the cream lightens etc
how they're doing with training, food, health , etc

sometimes she's had them call me since i live with doodles as one couple thought something was wrong: their dog raced in the house doing what we call Zoomies or doodle 500runs! hahahhaaa they were relieved to find out their doodle Henry was normal hahhaaaaaaa

I know my breeder's day is brightened up when she hears from someone telling them about their doodle and how much they love him/her.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Annmarie..that's great news about how your breeder operates! With ours.....we're lucky to get a return call. I've even sent her pictures of Bogie growing up and no response! :?

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Linda, you have an excellent idea...and I have always wanted to do that...unfortunately, my web page administrators charge me $30 per hour for update work (which is why my page is so woefully out of date!) and I would be paying them a fortune to create something like that.
If I ever get to a page that I mange myself, I had planned to do exactly what you have mentioned.
It is an excellent way for everyone to see what they will be potentially getting from a prospective litter.
Also, the time factor is tough. It is extremely hard for me to find the time to update pictures of the new puppies, let alone match them to other litters at similar ages...it is a great idea, and for a breeder with only one litter or so a year, I think it would work. For the rest of us, well, it is a lovely thing to aim for. :wink:

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Yes, it is nice getting an idea of how they might look. Is this what you are talking about?
http://www.judiblueszoo.com/NewOwners.htm
I warned my new owners that I would be bugging them for pictures!
I am missing 2 puppy's 6 month shots, but recently saw one owner and talked to the other recently & both said that they LOVED their dogs & would send me pics. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone!!!!
Judi, that is ALMOST what I mean, I would just LOVE you to add the Dog parent names in paretheses next to the description. Like "out of Tuesday and Gus" ...unless all those beautiful dogs were ONLY from Gus and Tuesday...but is that possible? All those gorgeous colors from the same two dogs?!
And coat descriptions of "wavy, fleece, non shedding" or "curly,wool, low shedding" makes me feel more confident that the breeder knows her puppy coats.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Yup....they were all from Gus & Tuesday's litter. The weird thing was the how they were all so different! 1 straight, shiney, silky fleece, 2 curley shiney, silky fleece, a bunch of the soft fleece that that is more like a poodle, 2 fleece/hair combo's. Even some of the blacks turned blue (freaked me out until I knew what was going on!)
God gave me a crash course in Doodle 101! :lol:
I would also like to say that I am SO GRATEFUL for all the information from the breeders on this site ((((((((Hugs))))))) The information is priceless. I am blown away by what I have learned in just 1 year from here. Info on breeding Labradoodles is fairly new territory!
Linda-I am in the proccess of updating my site and will use your suggestions, THANKS!

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
I had to go back and look at those beautiful dogs again! I can't believe they are all siblings!!! Wow, what diversity! You could please everyone! :lol: Gorgeous!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Linda, I think that I have an idea of what you are saying...you would like not only the parents pictured with thepups but each litter and showing how they grow so that you can see the coats change with maturity. You can see the variety of coat types and colors and how they develop...am I right?
I think that is a great idea...something worth working on.
When my first few litters arrived, I actually made baby books for them...scrapbooks with family pictures, cute backgrounds, pedigree sheets, all of the parent testing...put into binders with sheet protectors! I put a cover page of the puppy in a doghouse...I worked so hard on them!
Most people never mentioned them...hahahaha...so I don't do that any more.
I had a lot more time with my first few litters...but when you get a lot of puppies, it is about all you can do to keep up with posting their pictures.
We all do that in our own way, I think. Mine are all found on my blog page archives...the parents are listed with each litter and as the litter grows pics are updated...but nothing is organized. It is "catch as catch can!" (Whatever that means. LOL)

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone

I know when I am a serious puppy shopper I can then ask the breeder for more info. But when I'm still just window shopping I would not want to take up their time. That's why I love seeing the previous litters and photos of them as they get older on the websites. Jac, you have had a wide variety of pups, too! I amazed by that! And Sue, I can't believe that is our Denver in that little, tiny puppy photo! He has matured so beautifully!
http://photos-by-wildrosekennels.fotopi ... 65606.html

·
Registered
160 Posts
My breeder also has puppy pictures and updated photos from her litters. I love looking at them! :D

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Re: Thanks everyone

Linda said:
I know when I am a serious puppy shopper I can then ask the breeder for more info. But when I'm still just window shopping I would not want to take up their time. That's why I love seeing the previous litters and photos of them as they get older on the websites. Jac, you have had a wide variety of pups, too! I amazed by that! And Sue, I can't believe that is our Denver in that little, tiny puppy photo! He has matured so beautifully!
http://photos-by-wildrosekennels.fotopi ... 65606.html
Linda
Hard to believe that he was ever that small for me too!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I've been doing that from the start, and have gotten a lot of positive feedback on it. Luckily I update my own site, so I do it daily and when I have a litter, I post new pictures of the pups at least once a week. My buyers with deposits in also get at least a weekly email with updated photos of their pup and usually the litter mates as well.

I have a separate "photos" page where I show previous litter pups from the same parents.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
It works well, especially when your puppy families follow up and give you updates with photos...but, unfortunately, sometimes (sadly) they stop contacting you. I have posted the first few litters as they have grown, but many of my pup families don't stay in touch. :(
So...to all of you who have Doodles, have you sent an update to your breeder lately? They'd love to hear from you...and pictures are an extra blessing!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts