Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dex has started bringing me his leash when he wants to go out. It is a RIOT. And if I approach him first and ask him if he has to go potty, he starts looking for it. He just spontaneously began doing this, I didn't teach him.

He's so smart. He knows exactly what I'm saying. This breed's intelligence is remarkable....which makes it especially exasperating when he doesn't obey. He totally blows me off sometimes....grrrr.

But then he goes and does something wonderful like bringing me his leash....what a goofy, complex breed we all have..... :)

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Teehee
They are special, that is for sure and I do get a good laugh :roll:
when Denver ignores something that I know he knows..................

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Same here with Tyke - if she is in the yard and you call her, she gives you this look as if to say "What's in it for me?", but if you say "Do you want to play Chuckit?" she would walk five miles through fire to fetch that ball!!! :lol: She also comes to get me in the mornings at 7:45 - usually on the dot- because it is time to wake up BaBa so that the two of them can have their coffee and cookies together (no coffee for Tyke - just a cookie!)!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
You are so smart Dex!!!! I just love,love,love this breed!!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
congrats LYNN and I love how doodles just when you think you know them and their habits, do something new and surprise you once again with their intelligence

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Raleighsmom said:
You are so smart Dex!!!! I just love,love,love this breed!!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:
DITTO!!!

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Doods are so smart, trying to teach us humans. I hang my leases and the chuck-it up on the jacket rack at the door. When the doods want to play they sit and stare at them, with their back to us, whine very softly to get our attention, and turn their head around to see if we are looking at them. so cute, but kinda exorcist like when they face away and turn just their head and look at us, with a very soft wwwwhhhhiiiinnneee.

·
Registered
980 Posts
That's so cute! I hang the leash on the back door. When Dex comes to beg to go out, I go get the leash and stand there, waiting for him to come and sit. Lately he has this thing where he will walk in circles just out of my reach, and then proceed to sit in the next room, waiting for me to come to him. So I shrug my shoulders, and hang the leash back on the door, and he bolts in to me and sits pretty. So far, I win, next week, who knows?

G

·
hahaha. That's great! Maya has begun to sit as soon as she sees the leash so know I make her lay down or something else just to keep her on her toes!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
*sigh* I think Dexter got all the brains of the litter... Sandy is lucky to find his own penis when he wants to clean himself.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
debbildog said:
*sigh* I think Dexter got all the brains of the litter... Sandy is lucky to find his own penis when he wants to clean himself.
hahahaaaaaaaaaaa that is toooooooooooo funny!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Dex has started bringing me his leash when he wants to go out. It is a RIOT. And if I approach him first and ask him if he has to go potty, he starts looking for it. He just spontaneously began doing this, I didn't teach him.

He's so smart. He knows exactly what I'm saying. This breed's intelligence is remarkable....which makes it especially exasperating when he doesn't obey. He totally blows me off sometimes....grrrr.

But then he goes and does something wonderful like bringing me his leash....what a goofy, complex breed we all have.....
I couldn't agree more! Labradoodles are highly intelligent and sometimes I think that Ari can understand everything I say! He gives that look that says, "Ok mom... I get it!" lol.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Way to go Dex, just be careful to not show off too much smarts or your Mommy will start expecting all sorts of things from you :wink:

Love Annabelle

·
Registered
150 Posts
debbildog said:
Yeah that is funny cause my wife says the same thing about me. :!: :!:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
bob said:
debbildog said:
Yeah that is funny cause my wife says the same thing about me. :!: :!:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts