Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get home from work tonight (at midnight), feed my precious babies, take them out...romp with them, love them. I start to make myself a sandwich under Jonah's watchful eye. I hear the rustle of paper in the living room....rush out to find Miko with a candy wrapper. I get her to drop the wrapper....think suddenly...HALF MADE SANDWICH!! I yell...JONAH OFF....I hear the thump of 82#'s hit the floor! I return to my half made sandwich finding it a little lighter in the chicken department than when I left it a moment before!!
Yes, I admit it....I fell for the oldest game in the book....the old double doodle distract, grab and gobble trick! Shame on me!! :shock:

Any other double doodle owner fall for this trick?? Is it an epidemic?? :lol:

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
LOL, I've had a lab take a bag of tomatos off the windowsill and eat them all, loafs of bread disappeared.

Jonah and Miko make a Great team ! :D

So far Annabelle has only taken Her treats that have been laying on a table.

Heidipooh (last lab) ate a bowl of spagetti onetime - phone rang, I got up to answer, work took care of problem, while in office I kept hearing a clanking noise - get done, come bak to Dining room - Pooh bear has her feet on the chair, mouth in bowl polishin off my spagetti, what wasnt in her belly was on the wall :shock:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
sooooo double duty partners in crime doodle team OUSTMARTS Gene once again hahahhaaaaaaaaaaa
get any pics? for evidence of course otherise JONAH is not guilty :wink:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Dexter is chuckling. He said "THAT old gag...."

Better luck next time, gene!!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry Annmarie....no pictures. If I had gotten the camera....Jonah would have gotten the rest of the chicken!! :shock: :lol:

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
You "guys" are just so easy to fool. Tanner always keeps one eye on the sandwich when Tim makes his lunch...when the opportunity presents its self...he goes for it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Bwahahahaha.....Jonah!!!!!!! You done good Buddy!!!!!! But ya gotta take it in all one gulp!!! :shock: not a piece at a time.....lip smackin good is what I say.....I just LOVE chicken!!

See that green stuff on the bread??? YECH!!!!! You can definately leave that for your Dad....and maybe he won't notice that the chicken is gone....hahaha...did you save a bite for your partner in crime???? I'll bet not!!! Oh yeah...next time get down from the counter quiet as a mouse....Moms and Dads know that sound!!! :roll: :roll:

Your pal,
Raleigh!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I still remember HOW Peanut would jump up and i swear whisper to Max when my back was turned: Max quick 3 o'clock is the chicken, and 9 o'clock is the sweet potatoe"
then i'd think ohhhhhhh look they're being so good sitting and waiting, and i'd go to the fridge to get pumpkin and
somehow Max would knock the food off the counter and it'd fall with them both gobbling it up hahahaaaaaaaaaa

G

·
Ah its a good thing Maya doesn't have a partner in crime!!!

Good story Gene!!!

And Jonah....you gotta share with your sis or she won't be your distraction anymore.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Sorry Gene, but I'm laughing at your expense. That was so funny!

Now, Annmarie, is Beau a quick study, learning all Max's and Peanut's tricks? How long before we hear of your dogs triple-teaming you? HAHAHAHAH!

Cali's wanting me to catch the doodlebug, so she can have a sister or brother in crime. I hear the "everyone else is getting a new brother or sister" line a lot. LOL

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Haha, Thanks for the funny story. I am looking forward to our own double doodle antics. Currently they are always fighting over the same toy. It doesnt matter which one it is, but they both always want the same one.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Haha, Thanks for the funny story. I am looking forward to our own double doodle antics. Currently they are always fighting over the same toy. It doesnt matter which one it is, but they both always want the same one.
they really are like children aren't they? we buy 2 of everything and Kirby will still want the one Dex has and vice versa. They spend more time stealing each other's toy than playing with the one they have...haha...

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nothing is more fun(?) then 2 meat bones, or 2 bully sticks....the other one is always the best one, til you get it, then the old one was the best.....mix and repeat 8 million times!! :lol:

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Bahahahahahha Gene
They just wanted a late night snack too
and they teamed up to get it.
Pretty darn smart if you ask me....................
Denver knows he cannot have anything on the counter
and he will not but.................... if a cat happens to knock
something onto the floor then that is fair he thinks.
With nine cats always trying to get him in trouble we had to
teach him he cannot have anything knocked to the floor unless
he hears me say "Clean it up Denver"

I have to admit that I purposely put things on the counter
that I know the cats will knock off just to give Denver a chance
in this house against the nine of them. Hence his favorite command
is definately "Clean it up Denver" His tail starts a waggin and it is just darn cute...........

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Funny story Gene. Sure hope you got a chance to eat. Smart, tricky tag team Doodles!!! [/b]

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Reminds me of our first dog we had when we were married. Mutton was a collie mix, with what I'm not sure. It could have been a poodle, as she was long hair everywhere. The vet thought it was sheep dog, but she was smart. I'd say on the scale with Cinnamon. Anyway, one day my hubby & a friend were eating sandwiches when something distracted them and they ran outside with the sandwiches on the coffee table. When they came back in, everything was gone except the pickles. They were laying on the plates like she picked them off. So funny!!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Forget Double Doodle Deception ... Sneaky Single Snatching in a Second seems to be the new "trick" in Ebbe's repertoire.

Thursday evening, making a rare roast beef sandwich on the counter right next to fridge, Ebbe sitting watching me.
Bread ... meat ... cheese, ooops forgot the horseradish sauce! Open fridge, get sauce ... two seconds.

Dog on counter, cheese gone, roast beef following fast! :shock:

Made another sandwich and was watched the entire time I was eating it ... AUGH!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Bwahahahahah...EBBE!!!!!!! WHOO HOO! Yer doin GREAT there gal! Snatchin the cheese right in front of your Mom...well I gotta admit that takes a lotta ..ummmm...courage!!! Yep. that's it...COURAGE!!!! hahahaha....I'm sooooo proud of ya, and when Jonah reads this....he will be too!!!! Keep up the good work pretty girl!!! :wink: :wink:

Yer pal in crime,
Raleigh! :wink:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts