Labradoodle Forums banner

I think it is time to introduce you to....

3K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  MaxandMe 
#1 ·
This is Chewie! He is a miniture Labradoodle and I am a proud co-owner! Brandi (of Sutter Buttes) and I are pleased to add this handsome boy to our breeding program! We expect him to only be 20 lbs when fully grown!

He comes to us from Jodi at Mis-B Haven Doodles in California...and he just received an 'EXCELLENT' hip score with his OFA prelims!

He will be living with a lovely young couple in Santa Rosa.

See less See more
#4 ·
:mrgreen: AWWWWWWWWW What a gorgeous addition to your other gorgeous babies. I am walloring (is that a word?) in envy right now :D

How old is Chewie now? I bet you can't wait to see little ones out of him. Good luck girlfriend :)

#6 ·
Thanks, everyone! He is an F1B and at this time he is almost 5 months old! So, we are going to be watching for maturity in a few months!
We are in the process of setting up breeding guidelines and when we do, and when he is ready, he will be available for stud.

#10 ·
What a little sweetie-pie!

I'm curious, Jac. Are people breeding F1B's to F1B's? What is the plan for breeders to come up with a consistent LD type? I know some people like different looks so there could be 2-3 different types, sorta like the smooth collie and the rough collie, or the long haired chihuahua and short haired chihuahua, etc.

#11 ·
wow jac CHEWY is a complete dollbaby!!! wow he's gorgeous!!! Congrats on Chewy and hopes he makes a fine breeder :D

Chewy and Peanut have the same exact coloring!!

#12 ·
*big smile* Thank you all!

Kim, about the breeding...in my opinion ...at least for my program purposes... I am looking at 1) health and temperament 2) intelligence 3) allergy friendly coats 4) appearance...BUT I am a realist, and my customers are asking for small, light colored dogs. So, we selected Chewy because he is a great dog, good temperament, trainable, loving and beautiful!
Yes, you can breed F1B to F1B. The idea is that once you get the temperament and personality traits you want, and you get a good coat, you continue to breed for that. If you get the first things, but the coat is not so great, you adjust that by finding the right mate for your dog...if the coat is flat, you look for curly (or bring a Poodle back into the mix) if you get too much curl, you look for a looser wave.

Ann Marie, you are right ... Peanut and Chewy are similar in color, aren't they?

I can't wait to actually meet him!

I still personally prefer standards, I like big dogs! But the guardian family are thrilled to get him, so it works out perfectly!

#21 ·
Jamie said:
I'm guessing the Goat didn't help swing the deal?...................... :lol:
she needed to add in camels , a few sheep and possibly a chicken :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.