Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Mom and her boyfiend took me out on the boat yesterday and I had lots of fun!!! This was my second time on the boat and the first time Mom took me out she tried to get me to swim but I really didn't know what I was suppposed to do. Well Mom wanted to try again so out we went. Richard (mom's bf) likes to fish so he took us into shallow water to catch bait. We weren't supposed to get off the boat but I followed the other dog and we snuck off. Well Mom caught us and we were on the boat again driving out of the channel. I really had to go potty and I didn't want to go in the boat...I didn't want Richard to get mad at me!! So as we were driving along I saw a nice bank covered in marsh grass. I went to the front of the boat and SPLASH!!!!! (Don't tell mom but I scared myself a little) I swam as hard as I could to the bank and Mom was just about ready to jump in after me and I was up on the bank. I did a few doddle 500s and my business then full speed ahead toawrds mom and jumped back in the boat!!! When we stopped again and Mom said I could get out I swam around like a little fish!!! I had the best day!!!

Mom scolded me and asked me why I would jump out of a moving boat to go potty but at home I don't even bother to tell her I have to go and just go on the carpet?? Jeeesh Moms.....such scardy cats!!!

---Maya

PS Mom said she would post pics as soon as boyfriend sends them to her. (they are pics of when I was allowed to swim)

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Maya
Wow try not to scare your Mom ok??????????
I know they are scardy cats but it is for our own good.
at least that is what My Mom said I should say.
I have never been on a boat, but it does sound like fun to
jump out, but knowing my Mom she would jump in.
When I was learning to swim in the dog river, humans are not allowed to swim there because of the boaters, I was going under the water a
little too much so My Mom started rushing into the water and then I just popped back up so she started breathing again and it was all good.
But I did see how scared her face was so I gave her lots of kisses
so she would feel better. I have learned to swim since then but I
sure would like to try a boat ride. Mom sais next summer.

Your pal

Denver

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Maya glad you had a nice time, but I bet your Mom was scared !

I took my first boat ride last w/e and it was fun, but my Mom made me wear a doggy life jacket and she held the handle on my jacket while the boat was moving, Mom is such a woos :wink:

I didnt care much for the swimming part though

Love Annabelle :)

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Maya.....sometimes, when a girl's gotta go, A GIRL'S GOTTA GO! Next time, wait til the boat stops....keeps the parents from having heart failure!

Miko

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
sometimes, when a girl's gotta go, A GIRL'S GOTTA GO!
Bwahahaha...and what girl do you know that DOESN'T have to always go???
Good girl Maya!!! You now know how to swim! But don't go jumpin off that boat agan, ok??? Your mom and Richard would be pretty upset if you got hurt!!! :wink:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Hey Maya ...

I know why you jumped off the boat! Your wanted to be first in line! (Even though there might not have been any other doggies around :? ). Guy doggies have it so lucky ... they can pick any vertical object ... tree, garbage can, unsuspecting human leg... and GO! We have to find the exact right spot! :oops:

I guess it wasn't good that you scared your FoodLady ... but I understand your need and think you were quite polite (not wanting to go in the FoodBoyfriend's boat).

So .... You GO girlfriend!
Woofs and Licks,

Ebbe

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Heather, Cute story but I can just imagine how she scared you :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts