Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I need to find a program (or someone) to help me build a nice web page. I can't afford a lot of money...but I am currently using the Yahoo web page and I don't know enough about it to do a good job. I want to add pictures, links, info, contracts, things like that but can only do a basic page.
I have seen other posts that tell where they have found good programs...but I am rather technically challenged ... and I don't have a bunch of time to learn...so I need an easy, but good tutorial or to hire someone (whom I can trust!) to help me out.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Jac contact Mark he is great as you know and it doesn't matter the distance. You can purchase a template and Mark can help you through anything you don't understand :? hey if I can do it I know you can mine cost 59.99 for the template. Then you will have hosting and your domain name cost which isn't much if you go thru Mark. Also if you have problems I can help you then you will have the cost to get it out on the web which I can't give you a price on Mark has to do that if he agrees to help you. Private Message him and see what he says I will look up the place where I bought my template from for you to look at.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Hey Linda & Jac, I've got the information right here so I thought I'd go ahead and post it. The website for the templates is www.colligan.com On the front page, go to SITES and then click on Colligan Web Store and you can choose whichever template you like. Frontpage templates are the best in my opinion. This is also how I did my website, with Mark's help. Good luck :)

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all! I'll check each site and see which one(s) are easiest for me to comprehend. I really appreciate the guideance!
(I'll see what Mark says, but honestly...I know he must be terribly busy and in GREAT demand...)
Thanks again, J

·
Registered
1,810 Posts

hey, Jacque, I can sympathize!

I bought a 1-yr subscription to advertising on www.breedersclub.net and a build-your-own website was INCLUDED IN THE PRICE!!! So I haven't evern found any better deal than that.

I had the name registered already (same as you and yours) and the guy who runs that site - Dean - is VERY good about helping me if I get stuck with stuff. I think it cost $35 to link my registered name to his webmaster's site (whos back up and running, thank GOD!) and that was a one-time thing. There's a template included too, but I totally changed it and I like my site!

If you try working with Dean tell him I sent you...and he'll be gentle! :wink:

If you go with someone else, best wishes. But I'm very happy and have no regrets for what we've done so far.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, Maureen...I knew that you guys would give me some good directions...I need to look into all of them and see which is the less time consuming for me (I just don't have the time/energy to learn this stuff!)
I'll let you know what I find out!

·
Registered
1,810 Posts

weeelllllllll..........you're welcome! But in my experience, most things boil down to spending time or spending money, so I hope you can figure out which one you have more of. For me, since I wanted to advertise on breedersclub.net anyway, it was a no-brainer! Can't get much better than free...and the money of having a site built wasn't an option either.

oh, by the way...my hubby took a web-design class too...but I guess my patience for waiting for him wasn't there, either! 8) my bad!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Be careful if subscribed and tried the yahoo sitebuilder. Remember when my computers were zapped by lightning and I thought I would do the cheap website through them? Well, I ended up having to get a new credit card number because even though I notified them in writing within hours of trying to use their templates that I could not use their site builder they charged me for 4 months until the credit card compnay suggested after 4 attempts from them to charge it back to yahoo that I cancel that card number. We ended up spending about $4500 for two macs in 1 year to have my website that I can do myself. So most of the options that the other people are suggesting seem lots more feasible, but I have to say NOTHING is easier than selecting my pictures and hitting homepage and there is my webpage with Macintosh.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Linda! Yes, I do...acutally, I have the entire page done. I do have changes to make, but I have to send them in and have not had the time to do that yet...but the web page is published. I like it! :D
Thanks for thinking of me...www.backporchlabradoodles.com
--Jac

·
Registered
158 Posts
Just south of there and then headed back. We just got home LATE lastnight. The weather for the entire trip was so exhausting--chains on Tahoe, semi turn-overs, snow, ice, rain. The only reprieve was the few hours in Northern Ca in my childhood stomping grounds.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.