Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a buff-colored, standard size, CKC labradoodle that I would like to breed.She is in heat right now. I would need to breed her on July 3rd, 5th and 7th to have a litter this heat (I had a stud planned for her and it fell through) She has clear eyes and excellent hips, with a wonderful temperment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rochelle at Spring Creek has wonderful dogs, but she requires in her stud contract that puppies resulting from their stud service are spayed/neutered between the ages of 6-9 WEEKS old. I don't think that puppies should be spayed/neut until they reach sexual maturity. This is the stud that "fell through" when I discovered this in the complete contract.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I know their is a belief that spaying/neutering a dog before sexual maturity alters their growth but there have been studies done that prove that this is untrue. I like the early spaying/neutering because it can prevent the dog from learning to mark its territory.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
hey, how about sending a pm or email to Lee Ann?
She's got a beautiful red std. poodle...you'd have f1b's right? If your girl is an f1 you would...anyway, it would be with AI but Caesar is a beauty of a stud-muffin! :wink:

as for male marking, I have sold puppies that were neutered at 4mos. old and they typically CONTINUE to squat to pee their whole lives!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Two Premium Labradoodle tested studs

I have two great light colored studs that are clear on eyes, good hips, normal elbows, and vWD and SA negative.

Caesar is the apricot stud that Maureen has met and loves. He is 57 pounds of lover and a great temperament. He has thrown chalk, golden, red, and black. He is tojac's Zoe's sire as a point of reference in terms of puppies.
Then I have Jasper, whom is cream and 39 pounds. He throws real small puppies of all the same colors as Jasper + phantom. JP is my husband's bunk mate and real nice boy. Please look at my website to see the array of puppies, now adults, that we have produdced with these two.

We do ship semen.

·
Registered
158 Posts
The last two litters I had were chalk, golden to red. A week old litter is on the site as of yesterday. In case you would like to see. You can also see lots of their progeny under the heading "labradoodles."

·
Registered
158 Posts
Additional note: The Mom's were chocolate in my last two litters, but had all creams with Jasper.
To the right home/breeder I would consider selling Caeser, but he needs to be inside as a pet because he likes sleeping in bed with me. Talk to Maureen about how crazy I am about this dog--he is very special, but since I now only have my one girl I don't really need two studs anymore.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts