Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dexter is still at the vet's. Kevin gets to pick him up about 4:00, and it's an hour drive, so he is going alone since I work at 4:00. So I won't even get to cuddle him til 10:00 tonight.

It was really a hoot when we dropped him off. Kevin sat in the car for a long time, resisting putting his leash on him. I said "c'mon, we can't put it off forever, and we're about to be running late". So off we went. We get in there and get him weighed (24.1 pounds, he was 18 a week and a half ago!), and out comes the office girl. She's one of a set of twins I know, about 19, beautiful, and she says "you wanna come with me cutie?" and off he goes. No "bye mom and dad". No crying, wimpering, nothing. He's happy as a clam to go with the pretty girl. I looked at Kevin, who cracks up, says "well, he made THAT easy, the little ho" and then muttered something about "like father like son" and we went to get some breakfast, none the worse for wear.

The house is way too quiet. And Mr. Dexter's going to have some explaining to do to mommy about going away with pretty strangers. I can't wait til tonight to see him.

G

·
It's a doodle thing. They know how to flirt with pretty women. The gals at daycare are crazy about Boyd and he hams it up for them! Everybody is a sucker for doodle charm. :lol:

Let us know how Dexter came through!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Oh I remember it well, the missing part. I was pretty much a mess for the whole day. Hopefully the time passes quickly for you and you will have
you baby in your arms before you know it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Hey Dexter!
Let me know how you made out! I only have two more days of being a 'manly man'....ha-ha.???.. :shock:
Your pal,
Rrrr-aleigh!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
I hope that Dexter is feeling fit and heading for a very speedy and complete recovery!
Please let us know how it went!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Well, hopefully about now you are holding Dexter in your arms and he is explaining to you why he was so easily persuaded to follow that pretty girl to rooms unknown to do Lord only knows what :)

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dexter's remaining tight lipped about his rendezvous with the pretty nurse. But he's taking the stairs to our apartment two at a time as usual, no matter how much mommy pleads to slow down. Once in awhile he acts like he's going to lick himself and he gets a firm no-no, but all in all he's fine. He had a huge appetite tonight. We gave his food out in small portions to make sure he'd keep it down, and he's woofing it down as fast as we'll dole it out. He's chewing his favorite squirrel and bothering his kitty brother, so he's normal.

He says to tell Raleigh that it's a breeze, and the pretty girls at the office give lots of hugs and kisses.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OH Dextersmommy, i am so glad Dexter is now back home with you and your husband...and that dexter is doing well. :D

I cried last week when I dropped max off :roll: and had to wait till 10:30pm when i was home from work to see him.

Max did great though he did take stairs slowly for a couple of days and Peanut wore him out playing.

And i am sure DEXTER loved the hugs and kisses!!! :D :D

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Ooooooooh thank you, thank you, thank you Dex!!!!! :D
I'm sooo glad you're ok! Now I can't wait till Friday for the pretty girls and all the hugs and kisses! :lol:
Your pal,
Rrr-aleigh! :D :D

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Dexter,
Way to go bro!! Told you it wasn't bad....feels pretty good to not be broken any more. The extra attention is the best. All you have to do it sneak a lick...and bam, instant attention!! All I have to do now is tug my sister;s ear hard and I get attention! Just got to find what works best for you Dex!

Jonah

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Jonah, you always give such good advice and I'm sure Dexter takes it all in.

Glad your home Dexter, give 'em H_ _ _ :wink:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
I'm glad to hear Dexter is doing well :) When our Dexter got fixed we had to stack boxes in front of the stairs going up from our lower level (we have a split) because he refused to stop racing up and down them. Then after 2 days of that, he started to try to climb over the boxes so we just gave up :shock:

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
When Cinnamon was spayed we were told to keep her quiet. That lasted one day, I think she was still sleeping off the drugs. She hit the ground running the next afternoon and didn't want to take no for an answer! The only thing we did different was we didn't let her play on the stairs and we rolled the ball instead of throwing it for a couple of weeks until we knew she was healed. About broke her heart! Of course, neutering might be different, but I can't remember anything that was out of the ordinary for that. It's been quite a few years since we've had to do that.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I think Max must be part-wimp? hahhaha He moved slow for 2.5 days not getting real active. took stairs slowly and still hasn't let peanut near that area....nor has he licked that area since last Tuesday :shock:
he's now runnning jumping and getting wild...he sailed thru neutering like a breeze

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Way to go buddy, I am so glad you are home and that neuter thing is
over, I do not even know what they did to me as I feel the same, but I sure got extra attention, Mom even made all the cats be nice to me.

Denver

1 - 17 of 17 Posts