Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was answering one of the threads here and Bogie was running around the house with a squeaky toy. He ran into my office and I heard a funny sound.......I thought he had something in his mouth that didn't belong...what I don't know. Then I realized it was pee hitting the floor! he hasn't had an accident in a MONTH!!!
I SCREAMED OH NO!!!........grabbed his collar and dragged him outside. He was a little shocked at my behavior...............well........hell...I was SHOCKED! :shock: ........and disappointed.
Hubby keeps telling me I take him out tooooooo much. Well now we know why, right hubby? :x
I can't believe how frustrated I am.
So, then I when I let him out....he also poo'ed. I just spent 10 minutes in freezing drizzle looking for his poo.....and he doesn't just poo in one spot.....no....it's about 4 spots! :roll: Needless to say, I couldn't find it anywhere amongst the leaves.....but my shoe managed to find a little!
I know, I know........he's a pup and will have accidents, but I honestly thought we had gone beyond this.......aaaaaaargh!
Dang! He's been sooooo good! I guess he couldn't tell me this time. :?

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Oh, sorry for your frustration! I remember being so frustrated when Cali would have accidents after I thought she'd "gotten it". It seemed to take a long time to get through the potty training.

I hope Bogie doesn't have an infection that is affecting his control....

Hang in there, he'll get it eventually and these accidents will be a thing of the past. Hugs!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Linda...hang in there, it really does get better.
just like potty training kids...well doodles sometimes have accidents too.
believe me, Peanut was the hardest one to train....can't tell you HOW MUCH natures miracle we went through hahhaaaaaaaaaa
(i should have bought stock in the company)

and let me tell you we keep old toothbrushes around just for the once in a blue moon "oh no did i just get some poop on my shoes?!" hahahhaaa
and take them off outside :wink:

PS bringing a flashlight outside at night helps to avoid stepping in anything OTHER than leaves

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Meg...........SO ya know what I mean!
You know, I was standing in the yard afterward and thought..wow! What if this is an infection!!??
We see the vet Wednesday.....I'll mention it.

BUT...........since I'm done freakin' here........I have some GOOD NEWS!!
Bogart slept in his crate for 8 1/2 hours and let us get our FIRST good night sleep in 2 months!!

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PS bringing a flashlight outside at night helps to avoid stepping in anything OTHER than leaves
I had one of those BIG flashlights AND we have sensor lights out there. The flashlight wasn't helping with all the wet leaves the color of POO.....................LOL..................and the dang sensor light kept going off. SO, I'd have to walk trhought the leaves back to the spot that turned the sensor light back on....did this about 5 times...........HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!!
I wish it would SNOW! At least I could see it!! :wink:

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Way to go Bogie - sleeping thru the night, you are growing up

As far a peeing in the house, accidents to happen, you and Mom have to work on a better signal :wink:

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Maybe he wasn't in any more of a hurry to stand out in that weather than you were!
I know Moses used to avoid going out if it was raining... and even now (at 19 months) will stand right next to the door and relieve himself on the deck if the weather is wet and nasty.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
How old is Bogie? It's really not unusual for young puppies to have occasional accidents. Dexter had an occasional one until he was 5 months old. Hang in there...

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bogie will be FOUR MONTHS on Wednesday! WOW!
Yeah you guys.......I think I freaked for nothing. He's a good little doodle. I guess I was just shocked after a month of no accidents. Plus the sound of that pee hitting the hardwood floor was a WOWSER!

.........and he slept another 8 hours last night.....yippeee! We're on our way.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Sadie is just 2-3 weeks younger than Bogart and she has accidents almost every day still. She has not "gotten it" yet. Well, maybe every other day in this past week.
However, she's in her crate 8-9 hours/night and we never take her out in the middle of the night so, for that I'm grateful!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
this is embarssing but it almost took peanut 5.5mos to stop peeing in the house :shock: even with every 45min of walking her

max and Beau no problem they caught on faster, but had to watch them around 6mos old for double pooping on potty walks

·
Registered
985 Posts
SadieFern said:
Sadie is just 2-3 weeks younger than Bogart and she has accidents almost every day still. She has not "gotten it" yet. Well, maybe every other day in this past week.
However, she's in her crate 8-9 hours/night and we never take her out in the middle of the night so, for that I'm grateful!
Chouette didn't "get it" until one day we caught her in mid-pee. We all yelled at her while I scooped her up and deposited her outside - where she finished. She never had an accident again - except maybe once or twice at long intervals under extenuating circumstances. I figured that while she knew that going outside earned her "good puppy" points, she was unclear that going inside was definitely not acceptable. She found out, though.

Leslie

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sam "gets it" some of the time but no probs holding it when he's crated for a couple of hours at a time. When he's free and easy, I sometimes need to take him out every 15 minutes. I still watch him like a hawk at 15 weeks. Last weekend, he nearly had a poo accident in the house, something he's never done. Luckily, I spotted the squat just as it was happening and managed to distract him long enough to go outside. Phew! Poop accident averted! :shock:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts