Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm Foster's mom and I was in shock to realize that I have been lurking in the background of this great forum for 2 years now.

I just want to say how much I have enjoyed reading about the amazing journeys you have all experienced thanks to the fact that you share your lives with a doodle.

My dood's name is Foster. He is a 2 year old miniature, Australian multi-generational labradoodle. Foster came to us after many month's of research trying to find a medium sized dog, with a big dog personality and a coat that would not bother my allergies and asthma.

His size was important because I have difficulty walking because of a bad ankle injury.

Foster is the youngest member of our family and the only one who has fur. He has a 14 year old sister named Sam and a 20 year old brother named Nick. His dad's name is Frank and I am Denise.

As I said earlier I have enjoyed reading about your adventures and have often found myself laughing or crying and thinking I need to tell them that Foster does that too. And many times I just wanted to write to say thank you. Thank you for the information, thank you for the laughs, thank you for the touching story, etc.

I don't know why I didn't until now.

Perhaps because it all seems to good to be true. I have not run into many doodle owners where I live and I have found that many people question me as to why I didn't just get a pure bred dog that didn't shed. Lately I've found that I don't even tell people that Foster's a labradooodle. When they ask what kind of dog he is I just say that he's a poodle mix.

But here, I can say Foster is a Labradoodle and you all know what that means. You're not going to think I'm "crazy to have spent that much money" on a mutt. You know the frustration of having to explain to the groomer that your not being mean to poodles when you say that you do not want a poodle cut. You know that I'm not lying when I tell you that he really can smile. You don't judge you accept and you share and I want to do that too.

I won't be able to be as clever as some of you. I won't be able to offer the great advice that so many of you experts can do. But I look forward to saying, thank you, so sorry, way to go, good luck, and letting you know about my wonderful friend Foster the Labradoodle.

G

·
Welcome Denise!!! 2YEARS!!! You win the Longest Lurker prize! Foster is a gorgeous beauty! Keep posting, you have a great writing style!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Welcome! Nice to see another Massachusetts doodle owner here!!

K&Crew

·
Registered
349 Posts
OH, I get it now..... you've finally thawed out enough from the weather up there to ........... fess up about lurkin. So glad you did !!!!

Welcome! I was a short-term lurker (according to your standards), and find more warmth here than most neighbors or friends (shhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! -- they don't understand the "dood" addiction) We have the handsome-est and most BEAUTIMUS doodles around !!

<yeah, let Gene or GranMarie look for those adjectives in the dictionary>

What a doll baby you have.... LOVE the pics.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Denise.....HI and welcome. I too am glad you finally came out of the closet :wink:

And your introduction of honesty, sincerity, sharing, and more is so nice to hear.
NOW i do have to add, YOU WIN 1st PRIZE as being the longest lurker on this forum-------Congrats!!! hahhaaaaaaaaaaaa :mrgreen:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, why did I wait so long. Thanks for the great welcome everyone. I kind of feel like NORM walking into Cheers and getting a shout out from all the "regulars".

"Sometimes you want to go
Where everybody knows your name,
and they're always glad you came.
You wanna be where you can see,
our troubles are all the same
You wanna be where everybody knows
Your name. "

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Welcome after 2 years in the shadows!

That's quite a long time alright.

Foster is sooooooo adorable!! Wow, what a face. Thanks for coming out of Lurk-mode to finally talk to us :) :) :) Hope to see you around the forum.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts