Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year when we spoke with Ozzie's breeder, he said that most of his Labradoodles (male) grew to be in the 90+ pound (40 Kg) range. Ozzie turns 8 months this week and based on my experience raising large dogs, I can't see how he could possibly grow to be any bigger than maybe 70-75 pounds absolute maximum. Maybe he was the "runt of the litter"?

Comments?

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Could be he is gonna be the "little" one, although at 70-75 pounds that's still a good size doggie

Before Annabelle, I had 2 choc labs - sisters from same litter, Mollyann was about 72 pnds and Heidipooh was about 92 pounds, good size for a female, so they can vary a lot from one litter.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
what does Ozzie weigh now and how tall is he?
at 8mos old he still has a growth spurt left in him over the next month or two where he can grow another 1/2 to 1 on average.

After than they fill in a bit in the weight dept slowly though

Max at 9 to 10mos grew an inch ...so he's 26 in tall and
well avg's 75-80lb depending on time of year....he's 21mos old

·
Registered
146 Posts
My puppy is about 70lbs at 9 mos. and my breeder told us he would be 65lbs... but we expected he would be larger based on his size when we got him at 24 mos.

How much does your puppy weigh now :?:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Taryn L said:
How much does your puppy weigh now :?:
I have no idea what he weighs as he hasn't been weighed in over 4 months. I'll get around to it some day before he's 2 years old!

I have to admit though, he looks MUCH larger when I'm lying on my back on the floor and he's standing over me licking my face.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Samantha is 43 lbs at 5 months, her parents were both 45 lbs. The vet said she should be around 60 lbs.

·
Registered
247 Posts
ah, the age-old question - how big will my dog be? they said my ridgeback would be 75 lbs - she topped out at 100lbs. they said shaia would be 60. at almost 8 months, she's 50 and is holding steady. i would use the formula: double their weight at 4 mos and add 5-10lbs but i can't remember how much she weighed at 4 mos :roll:
but i'm curious to see if she'll hit a growth spurt again. i'm sure she'll fill out but i kinda like her size now. she's a good SF house dog size. :wink:
i think the only true formula is waiting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts