Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three days until "D" day:
Drop my precious Pepper off at Guide Dog School for training day
Drag me kicking, screaming and crying from the kennels day
Depressed at my girl being gone day
"Damn it, Kari, stop crying" day
Thanks to all who have shared in the Pepper love!
Jacque and Dave, you guys are the best and I so appreciate your love and support and generous gift of Pepper!! She has truly been a blessing to my life. Who'd have thunk this off black/silver little ball of hair would have effected me sooo much!! She is my girl forever and ever.....my heart will always be full with her loving spirit!! Be ready for turn in photos on Saturday. I'll be the one with the red, teary eyes!!
I should have taken the heart worm medication....maybe she wouldn't have wromed her way into my heart then!!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Oh, Kari...now your making us all well-up with tears.

I can't imagine how hard it must me to let her go, but I'm sure you take comfort knowing how she'll affect the life of the person she is eventually a guide dog for. A friend of the family lost his eye sight several years ago and I can't begin to tell you how much his guide dog has changed his life. She's given him independence, confidence, loyalty, and friendship...although I'm sure she remembers her first Mommy, just like Pepper will always remember you.

Good luck this weekend.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
It's so hard to let go Kari, and I feel so bad for you....but not only is it a 'D' day, you have to consider it a 'P' day too...'Proud of Pepper' day...in the fact that she will be a much needed and loved lifeline for someone less fortunate.....and she will never,ever leave your heart...

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Prayers and puppy hugs to you - You are doing such a loving selfless act by training Pepper to help someone else.
Will be thinking of you this w/e

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Oh, Kari, I know that you understand what a gift you are giving...and I also know, probably as well as anyone else, that such knowledge will do little to ease the pain...at least for the first month or so...
I pray that her new trainers and owner call you often, give you updates and pictures...because I know how much that helps...if it were not for you filling that void for us, when we donated Pepper, Pascal, Paco and Pixie, I would have gone mad.
So you deserve someone as thoughtful. It will truly ease your heartache to laugh at her antics and to hear about her loving ways and to know that she is being held and kissed...
She deserves this, and so do you...I pray that you get that and so much more.
My heart is aching along with yours. We both share the fears and expectations...but you are feeling them so much deeper than I, although it is hard for me to comprehend that because I love her so much.
You know that we can't replace HER in your life, but we can enrich your life with another puppy...and we shall!
xoxoxoxox to you and Pepper.
Jac

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
(((((((((((((((kari)))))))))))))))))

kari i cannot imagine the sadness of parting with Pepper will be for you but i can say this; we'll all be here for you.

May God comfort your heart and dry your tears and provide you with loving , happy and funny memories always.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Kari, know that we are all there with you. So sorry for your pain.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
oh I got so sad reading this - I seriously can't even think of having to give up a dog you have become so attached to. I never thought of myself as a dog person, but after just 2 months with Dexter I was so attached I couldn't believe it!

Hope the rest of your week goes well and try to think of how Pepper will be doing so much good :)

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Kari, Your post is just plain heartbreaking. :( You are going to make us ALL cry!

I know it will get better and you know you are doing a wonderful thing.

Deb

·
Registered
980 Posts
Kari, I can't say I can imagine how you feel, cause I just can't. I know I couldn't give up Dexter, even if I knew all along he wasn't staying. You're a better woman than I. We all expect and accept your pain, so don't hesitate for a moment to vent it here. We'll be here every step of the way, no matter what.

And when you're ready for a new little love in your life, we'll be here for that too.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, we are home and Pepper is at school. I would post picutres but can barely see the monitor while crying, so will have to do that later. At least Pepper is rooming with Victory, one of our black lab stud Kohl's puppies. All of the 7 from his first breeding are now in for training with Pep. Let's hope in 5 months not only will my beauty queen be graduating, but my 7 other sweeties as well. She is such a good girl....Beck (our 4 year old) held her leash and walked her into her kennel ('cause he's a good puppy trainer, he said) , her tail curled up and confident.....and one of the trainers for her string watched him with her. With all the 36 dogs going in and acting crazy, Pepper's composure was awesome!!!! The trainer even commented!! I know she will be the validictorian!!! Keep my girl in your good thoughts, send her puppy kisses. I know she knows I love her!!!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Bless you Kari for what you are doing! Now go and try to get some rest... :wink:

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I wish there was something clever that I could say to make you feel better but I think it is just one of those painful experiences that words can't make any less painful. I hope eventually time will ease it a bit. You have done a wonderful thing. :) :

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Bless you, my dear friend. Cory is such a wonderful young man!
Dave just asked me to send his best wishes to you...
Kari, You have been the bridge between the puppy and the master that she has become. You have done so well...you have carried her so far...and she has you.
Your hearts shall forever be connected. She has already made you very proud...but the best is yet to come.
You, Kari, have a heart and soul that is so big, strong and wonderful...and yet you are so tender and loving...I feel so honored to be your friend, so blessed that you raised our little girl.
Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts