Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a poor quality video of Jonah and fireflies. He was chasing them....til I got the camera, then they were landing on him.....

PS: the noise at the beginning is Miko drinking... :roll:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
HOW neat!!!! max and peanut so far have ignore the fireflies here.

THanks for sharing that video gene!!!! :D :D :D

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
haha...that is great. funny timing since Dexter just discovered lightening bugs tonight! haha...he was jumping at them and chasing them and kept trying to eat them. It was hilarious!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He was eating quite a few BEFORE I got the camera. I had to brush him off before he came in because there was about 6 of them on him. None at all on Miko though...

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
We had so many fireflies out tonight i was truly amazed. it has been about 3 years since i saw all the trees in my backyard lit up like xmas trees with fireflies.

Too bad we don't have a video of Dexter trying to catch them.

GENE you mean Jonah was trying to eat them?

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
:) I tried to take a video, but everytime I started shooting he would stop chasing :wink: I'm sure I'll get another chance tonight though.

Annmarie - we had a million out last night too! I hadn't seen that many this year yet either.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Annie, you and I have missed out! I have never seen one either!
What an amazing thing to see...looks like Jonah had a great time with them! So...the question is...now will his poop glow? :shock:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
gene said:
Jac said:
So...the question is...now will his poop glow? :shock:
That would make it easy to find in the dark! :shock:
and hopefully it will glow outside only hahahhahaaaaaaaa :D :wink: :D

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
gene - awesome video!! I loved watching it, thanks for posting it...:D

Jac and Annie, you guys ARE missing out....:( I grew up here in NJ, lived in Berkeley for 3 years, and then moved back to NJ with my family. When I was in CA I had a vague recollection of there not being any fireflies....but now I'm back and it's my nightly treat. I've loved them since I was a kid.

However, what Northern Cal lacks in fireflies, it certainly makes up for in the sheer beauty of the land....

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Boy, you have that right...this is one of the most gorgeous areas I have ever seen. I love northern CA!

But, it would be nice to see fireflys! Someday...I hope to!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
hahahaha...they are amazing to me! When I saw them in Gene's video, well, it is just hard to believe that they exist! Little lights...amazing!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Lynn - where in NJ are you? I just realized that you are from NJ. We live in Matawan which is central NJ near the shore.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Jac...years ago one landed on me and i ended up putting a few in a jar for my kids to watch and then release. Anyway, one was on my fingers and when it fly away hahahha my fingers glowed for a while afterwards. it was so neat and funny cause my kids back then thought the firefly went inside me hahahhaa and that is how i was glowing like a firefly. :D

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I'm in Summit - Union County. So that's about 2-ish hours away. Isn't there someone else here from Jersey too? - who it is is escaping me at the moment...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts