Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, how many of us have repaired doodle damage before our DH/DW finds it???

Last weekend I noticed that Boyd had chewed on the kitchen door leading to the deck and I knew DH would blow a gasket if he saw it sooooooooo, when DH was in the shower I grabbed the white paint and covered it up.

Then the next day I sanded it and put on a second coat!!! Good as new! :twisted:

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
No I don't try to hide anything because it is usually my DH who leaves stuff laying around for Tanner to get, like the new Clive Clussler novel that he just picked up at the library :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I haven't had to cover up any crimes for Tyke yet, but when my Eskie was a puppy, she once snuck into the living room and pulled all of the stuffing out of the pillows on our new couch! By the time I walked in, it looked like it had been snowing! My mom and I had to gather up all the stuffing, cram it back into the pillows and sew the holes shut! My dad would have been furious if he had known!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Haha! I don't have a DH and this isn't a doodle damage story but I remember a few years back when my ex boyfriend and I were living together, I had to hide something Chase did (yes sweet, can do no wrong, Chase). Stephen would always buy those dinner rolls that come in a bag. Chase thought they were the greatest thing next to a big ham. One afternoon, I got home from work before Stephen did only to find the rolls gone with only shreds of baggie left. So, I quickly got in my car and sped to the grocery to replace the rolls. Stephen was none the wiser! We are now best friends and he visited me the other day. We were reminiscing about things and I told him the "roll story". He was almost in tears from laughing so hard and for me thinking he would actually be mad at Chase :roll: :lol:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
haha...no my husband is much more forgiving of the doodles than I am :) So I wouldn't ever have to hide anything they do.

·
Registered
126 Posts
As you probably saw by todays post- Frankies 1st destruction. I just don't know how I can feed the wire back thru the electric blanket. Hope the weather holds out until I get a new one.

·
Registered
150 Posts
GUILTY! I'm glad that I'm not the only one. Angel is not a big chewer but decided to eat one of my seatbelts :evil: :evil: . My husband drove my van a few times before I could get it to the shop to be replaced and he never noticed...thank goodness!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Teehee I like this post
My hubby is definately more cat person than dog person
and even though Denver really does not destroy anything
he does love to destuff his toys and chew them to pieces
and leave the mess everywhere butttttttttttttt hubby cannot say a word
cause the cats have done more damage to hubby's things than Denver will ever be able to do in his lifetime so we are covered............
Examples of what the cats have done for you curious folk well
Hubby collects record albums and the cats decided
they make very nice scratching posts.......he also collects sport cards
but only lost a few as he put the original boxes in plastic crates after seeing the cats attempt to open said brand new boxes..... teehee
Life with animals.......................

·
Registered
448 Posts
No DH here to hide anything from, but one of these days I'll repair and repaint the baseboard corners Nicky tasted several months ago. I don't know quite what to do about the gnawed teak dining chair leg. Maybe sand it a little and then rub with teak oil?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Ha! This is a fun post and yeah, I hide things from my husband too.

The most recent example happened yesterday. I am lobbying hard to get a second doodle and one of his reservations is that Uma is still too young. So I'm been building a case that she's been a perfect angel lately (and she really has, no problem at all the past couple months).

Well, last night I was planning on putting the ultimate pressure on him to adopt Count (from the 'Considering a Labradoodle' board), but when I got home from work Uma had taken all the dirt out of a plant we have in the living room and spread it all over. That would NOT help my case, so I quickly broke out the vaccum. Ha...what he doesn't know can't hurt him, right? :wink:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Right now Ebbe is on HIS chair, staring out the window watching the raindrops fall. She looks very cute.
Will we share this little fact? .... No ... or the one that she had a 'taste' of my lunch sandwich (DH doesn't want her to beg for people food). 8)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
The Only thing I hide is all the FUZZ hahahhaaaaa

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Nope, no hiding here, hmmmmmm could be because Annabelle ate a hole in carpet as a pup when DH was Suppose to be watching her

Sue, I cannot believe Mr. Perfect would do anything worth hiding, not that sweet boy :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Mary you just reminded me...we have a good sized hole in our wool rug hahaha we HIDE it with a coffee table when company comes to visit hahhaaa

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
MaxandMe said:
Mary you just reminded me...we have a good sized hole in our wool rug hahaha we HIDE it with a coffee table when company comes to visit hahhaaa
LOL Annabelle chewed a hole in carpet at top of stairs where you enter house, can't put anything over that and still get up the stairs We are waiting for AB to finish her "nervous peeing" before replacing carpet, but by then I hope to have another one so might be a year or two more of living with the puppy stained carpet, at least it's just stains and a hole - no smell !

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
When my mom was alive, she wasn't the biggest Jonah fan at first....she loved my little blind cocker. She said it was because they were both seniors! :lol:
Well when she was in the shower he ate the ear piece off her glasses, so I hopped in the car with him, zoomed to the optometrist who is a friend of ours , got it replaced and got home home before she noticed. I wouldn't have had to tell, but the color was a little different...... :oops:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts