Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Mom took me to my favorite trail where I learn to walk off leash.
I have been very good and always stay by Mom's side and when we pass
other dogs or little kids, Mom says I can visit and I do and I do not jump up or take off with the other dogs. Well last night we went there and there was this jogger man running real fast. I could not help myself and I took off after him. Mom was calling me over and over and I did not come back when called :cry: so the Jogger Man stopped and I wanted him to keep running so I jumped up on him. Well My Mom was horrified and the Jogger man got very mad at me and said some very nasty words to me so I ran back to Mom. She appologised to the Jogger Man and boy is she ever mad.
But she sais she is mad at herself cause she should not have trusted a
nine month old puppy (that's me) and that it is all her fault. So I am not allowed off my leash for a long time until she trains me better. I could not help myself as the Jogger Man was wearing a very bright nice red shirt and it looked like fun to chase him and I only jumped on him because I wanted him to run more as I was having fun,but the look on my Mom's face was not good and now I feel bad. Mom tried to cheer me up by telling me that it is her fault, and she is scared that I might do that if a little kid goes running by(I never have before) so I guess Mom learned a lesson and now I must learn to listen better., and Mom has to teach me to behave better and to remember that I am still a puppy and that she will not make that mistake again. I feel bad for Mom cause she is still feeling like a bad bad Mommy :cry: :cry:

Denver

G

·
awww Denver, don't feel too bad. My trainer said 'recall' is the hardest thing to learn. Tell your Mommy to practice 'off leash' walking with an extra long leash:
http://www.arcatapet.com/item.cfm?cat=3516
There is also a 50 foot! leash on the site.
Tell mommy not to feel bad either. The man was probably scared and that's why he was so mean.
Your friend,
Bella

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Denver.....oops! There are some people out there that for some reason find being jumped on a bad thing. I don't get it either, but hey, we're dogs, the better species! Mom's and Dad's aren't perfect and when they find out we're not either, they feel bad. They shouldn't though....WE just all need to work together and it'll all turn out fine!

Jonah

I got Dad mad at me. I was fighting Jonah for a stick and got my collar off! Dad put Jonah on the tie-out and I waited for him to come back to me to put my collar back on. I couldn't help it.....as he reached for me I took off! He called me back, I ran. Then I stopped and sat and waited for him. He came over, reached for me....I couldn't help it....I ran again! :oops: After about 5 minutes of this, I finally let him put it back on....ok, I had to poop, and when a girl's gotta go, a girl's gotta go. I hope this doesn't mean I'm going to be bratty like my big brother the MOOSE! Dad's a little upset with himself because my collar was too loose!

Miko

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
max:
Denver did that red sweatshirt remind you of a bullring? :wink: Dont they know DOGS jump up to say hi face to face---sheesh some humans. Well i guess humans don't realize we do that with our fellow canine friends.
Guess you better not do that again Denver as you lost your freedom for awhile.

Peanut: hi Denver...wasn't it neat to run with your ears flapping behind you??!!! wow!!! my parents won't let me off leash as i am now 12wks old and they say i am too young and wild. what do they know!!! max and i jump on each other all the time and its okay but let us jump on a human and they get a funny look on their face. i don't get it! hang in ther Denver.

OH wait, Max and me got to go off leash in our backyard today while the boys were snowmobiling away from us. It was a blast but then my daddy put the leash back on. :cry:

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Awww Denver my Buddy...your Mommy is NOT a bad Mommy...she just wanted you to feel the freedom of running with the wind flapping your ears in the breeze....at 10 months old she probably thought you might come back when called...NOT!! ha-ha... :twisted: Molly and I bolted thru the front door last week, and we ran down the street having a blast running up and down driveways with Mom running down the street after us!!! ha-ha....she can't run for nuthin!!! :twisted: Molly finally headed back home with me chasing her, when Mom yelled out 'We're going bye-bye', and opened and shut the car door.....I guess we fell for that one!!!
Anyway, bottom line is that I'm definately not ready for any type of freedom, so don't feel bad...it will come with age and maturity....maybe..tee-hee... :?
Your pal,
Rrr-aleigh

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Raleigh know what? when i got my collar off a few weeks ago, my mommie said BYE BYE Max and ran away from me :shock: well i took care of that right away and chased HER down and beat her to the front door!!! I showed her who's top dog!!! and who can run faster!! My mom thinks she is soooo smart but i outsmarted her for once. :D So now my mom doesn't run away from me anymore and keeps a good eye on how my collar fits. i think she's becoming a much better mommie with my help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts