Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from the vet with Toby, he has a broken toe! :cry: Last night I took Lani and Toby for a walk last night. Toby walks on my right and Lani on my left. Toby for some reason cut in front of me and I tripped into him. I thought I noticed a slight limp after so I cut our walk short. He played around with Lani last night so I thought he was OK. This morning he was favoring his foot and then began not putting weight on it. So aff to the vet we went. I had to have Chris, my husband, take him out of the car he didn't want to even move off the seat he just held his foot up in the air! :cry: I feel horrible!!!!!!!!! The vet said it would be 3 - 4 weeks to heal.

I guess it won't be too hard to keep him quiet after Lani is spayed on Wednesday.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know about that, he seems pretty miserable! He can't decide what to do with his foot. If he knew he is going to miss the romp he would feel really bad. Lani is being spayed on Wednesday so we won't make this one. :( We will see everyone in July, hopefully!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
oh sad! poor thing...i read on another forum sometimes and there was a doodle there w/a broken toe. From the small amount I read the dog's toe did not fully heal the first time and they had to go through it all over again so just be really conservative with letting it heal. Did they put a cast on him?

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Shame on you, Lisa!! :wink: Hey, don't you go feeling too bad! Dakota almost broke my knee yesterday when we were playing "keep away" and he "forced" my knee into the coffee table when I was at "full speed ahead!" Owwwwwch!
. . . Actually, it was probably my fault . . . :oops:
Diane (and Dakota)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lmtoth2 said:
oh sad! poor thing...i read on another forum sometimes and there was a doodle there w/a broken toe. From the small amount I read the dog's toe did not fully heal the first time and they had to go through it all over again so just be really conservative with letting it heal. Did they put a cast on him?
No cast, she said he'd just chew it off (Lani too) and that the other toes are natural splints. If it is not noticably better in a couple of weeks then we may have to think about xray's and ..... :shock:

Thanks for all the good wishes!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Lisa, don't feel bad. If he anything like Jonah and his 4 staples in the foot incident, he'll be up to snuff in no time! Might try to work the sympathy look for a while though! :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OH LIsa i feel so bad for YOU and TOBY!! I sure hope Toby starts to feel better soon. and it looks like you'll have your hands full with Lani being spayed wed. Gooooood luck and hang in there!!!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Aw, heck, Lisa...we all do something stupid sometimes! My dogs are ALWAYS underfoot! I do my best to avoid them as rug material, but sometimes you just don't know they are there!
I'm sure that you are already forgiven!
Hope everything goes well for Lani!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Oh dear.......I can imagine how you feel!!!

Hope Toby feels better soon....

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Hope Toby is doing better today, and not limping anymore....it must be difficult to try to keep him from running around on it... :shock: My doodle and Molly send him a big hug to get well with! :wink:

·
Registered
377 Posts
I can perfectly envision Toby sitting with his foot in the air and a soulful look in his eyes. What tremendous guilt that must make you feel!! :oops: Try not to let him rub it in too badly.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
gene said:
Lisa, what the latest on the "boo boo" foot?
gene she's busy kissing it :wink: :D

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I'm trying to decide if Toby should win an Oscar for "best dramatic performance". Today he is acting a fool!!!!!! I know he is still not right he won't grab the bone with both paws when he chews on it. Tomorrow will be a day of rest since Lani is being spayed. I don't feel so bad anymore! :wink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts