Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a male F1B and I am considering breeding him. I don't know what to breed him with. Should it be another F1B or F1 or even a poodle. Would they be considered multi gen or what? I have been lurking around here for quite some time gathering info. He is just a puppy now so i have quite a while to research the possibilities. You all seem so nice and willing to help anybody. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Hi and welcome to this great forum, you can breed back to an F1 or an F1B I would not breed back to a poodle. I would watch the coat and go from there if it is a real curly coat you might want to breed back to a less curly coated.

Just make sure you do your homework and know what you are getting into it is a lot of hard work and can have it's ups and downs. Post questions anytime their are a lot of good people on this forum to help.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
hey MG welcome. It's always nice when a "lurker" comes out into the sunshine. :D

One other thing to check into before breeding or "snipping" your puppy is to know if you have permission from the breeder. i.e. did you sign a contract committing to neuter? or not? If not, then there is no restriction from that end.

other than that a breeder with a female is going to be interested in your boy's quality of confirmation, coat and especially hips and elbows of course. And you will have to "sell" him to a breeder who might not ordinarily need him, since most have their own. Not all do, however so you might get lucky! (so to speak)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thany you very much. So what would you get if you bred a f1b with an f1 or another f1b. Would they be multi gen or what.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
maybe at some point a 3rd generation might be considered "multi" but I would not call them that, if they were mine. your puppies would be 5/8 poodle, 3/8 lab, and it seems like it would depend on the coats of the 2 parents what you might find within the litter. I had thought I might breed that combo myself but I'm going to be careful if I do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts