Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I am full of mixed emotions right now. Last Tuesday I was home sick and I heard the dog walker come in and leave quickly. I thought to myself, hmmm, seems like a short visit but maybe I'm wrong (I was sick with pneumonia and kept dozing off due to the meds). Well, today I'm working from home and I purposely didn't let the dog walker know I was here. Guess what!! The dog walker came in , turned off the alarm, left me a note, threw Boyd a treat, turned the alarm back on and left. She was here 4 minutes!!!!

I have been paying good money since August 7 to have someone come in and take Boyd out for 20 minutes at midday and now I'm not sure that has ever happened.

I talked to the owner of the business and she is very upset. I am being compensated but that doesn't make me feel any better. Here I've been happy at work knowing that Boydie Bear is getting attention and a walk around noon and now I don't know that's ever been the case. I'm so sad for Boyd and I'm mad!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Oh my gosh!!!

thats horrible!!! I would be mad too
hope your feeling better and we can get together soon,,hugs my dear friend!! and hugs to my grandpuppy :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! How horrible that it's very likely that for 4 months Boyd has had to hold it all day b/c he wasn't taken out!!! No wonder he has superior bladder control - the dood can hold it for at least 12 hours (okay, so I'm admitting we slept in kinda late one weekend).

You guys have made me feel better but I am concerned about next week. I have been promised a "senior" dog walker (the gal who was doing it was 20). I feel for the owner b/c she's trying to run a business and just like any business, there are going to be a few bad employees. I truly believe the owner is very sorry - she knows how competitive this area is and how many other dog walking businesses there are and she certainly doesn't need this to ruin her reputation.

Well I'm certain the next person will take him out..... after all.....they will never know if I'm hiding in the office watching them!! :twisted:

·
Registered
689 Posts
Never thought being sick would be a blessing in disguise!
I'm hope you're feeling better and I bet Boyd will be too!!!!

The service owner must feel horrible too. She's trying to run a business and must love dogs otherwise why go into the line of work. Its also local so you could tell a lot of people about the experience and her business could fail.
How did you control yourself from chasing down that dog walker and letting her know you were there---with lots of screaming and yelling?

·
Registered
853 Posts
That is unbelievable! I guess that would be very easy to do since no one is around usually to see anything. I never would have thought of that. I am SO GLAD you caught her! The money that was paid should be reimbursed from HER pocket! Grrrr. Maybe a hidden camera for the future would be in order......

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
that is soooo wrong.

good to know your dog is happy though all day and I dont think I would ever have a dog walker again if I were you.

nanny cams = good
dog walker cams = better ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks again guys, your support means a lot to me! I've calmed down now and look forward to a new beginning next week with a new dog walker. Makes you wonder how much of this really goes on. In the meantime, Boyd won't remember the past few months and I am blessed to have such a patient puppy!

·
Registered
177 Posts
God that's an awful thing to discover, Im glad to hear at least that the owner seems genuine is her horror. How fortunate you did find out in the end. A web cam can be a useful tool if you're not home, at least you'd be able to view online anytime and record anything it picks up

It's when I read horror stories such as these that I realise we are so lucky to have a great relationship with Madges owners. It means we all get our dogs looked after whenever we need.

both dogs have become part of each others families :)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
hi...I foung that horrible. To this day when someone I know goes away I offer to even watch their cats which means a approx hour visit to feed, play, hold etc.

quick idea: maybe someone at a local church would want to dogsit/walk for you? There's many older people out there that also would love the company and exercise especially a doodle.

I am going on interviews and hopefully will get this one job near my house so I can walk max on lunch hour or in between appts.

·
Registered
162 Posts
That's awful! Tell the owner to tell your new walker you have a web cam set up (inside & out) to make sure the dog is walked, and that because of your bad experience you going to be checking the web cam.

I think that's just horrible.

LizziesMom

·
Registered
183 Posts
If your alarm system is advanced enough, you should be able to check to determine when the dog walker turns it off and then back on again. If there is only a four minute time gap, then you would know that the walk is not occurring.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Ronnie! I was all over that but ADT only provides that type of monitoring service for businesses. The customer service gal was so disappointed b/c she felt my pain and wanted to help so badly!!!

I am happy to report to all that Boyd got a 1/2 hour walk yesterday and I have a "neighborhood network" to be my eyes while I am at work...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I know, it just broke my heart to look at him after she left. Although...he was happily eating his treat! :)

She tried to lie and say she took him out quickly (total BS!) but I was able to say that I took him out right after she left and he peed for a while so obviously he hadn't just peed. Oy! Apparently she was really embarrassed when she found out I was home the entire time.

Oh to have been a fly on the wall when she was called in to the owners office....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts