Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay here is the story :)
Thursday i had a dentist appointment and of course being the huge animal lover that i am, i decided to stop by the animal shelter on the way home. I looked through all the puppies and nothing really caught my eye (not that i needed ANOTHER DOG). Then, as i was walking out the door i caught a glimpse of this black ball of fur! So i took him out and held him for about 20 minutes as i was trying to have him win my mom over with his darling scruffy face!

Thats when the lady told me he was a labradoodle, the lady who bred him brought in him and his sister (she was adopted the day before!), they were the last puppies in the litter and she couldnt sell them. OBVIOUSLY NOT A RESPONSIBLE BREEDER TO TURN IN YOUR PUPPIES TO THE SHELTER. Thursday we left without the puppy. Mom said we had to think about it since we already have to many dogs. Well it ended up that we both felt soooo guilty for leaving him there. Neither one of us slept all night! I ended up being on the computer the whole night researching the breed and then came across this site and i fell in love!

Friday we went back to get him. He has been (SO FAR) the best puppy we have ever had.
he is black, 4months old, sleeps ALL NIGTH in the crate with NO WHINING, he has not had an accident in the house all weekend -knock on wood-, eating and drinking well, and he is very well behaved! I will take him to the vet tomorrow to get checked out and to get his rabies shot! I am so excited! He is the cutest thing, i just love his crazy hair!

He is so spoiled already! I can just tell that he is so happy to be out of that shelter!

Okay, a few questions..
1. Does anyone have any doodle specific tips, or anything that may help me out with him?
2. What type of coat does he have?

MEET CHARLIE!:

UHHHH MOM? I think that flash was a little bit BRIGHT! hah.

ENJOY!

·
Registered
972 Posts
I can understand that. I have a black furry one from a shelter here in Illinois. I just love the doodles. I am not sure how old he is, but just watch for the puppy nipping, and these dogs are very smart!! They learn quickly, and will try to get away with a lot! Here is a picture of my long haired shelter girl!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AWWW BEAUTIFULLLLL! Im guessing that is probably what charlie will look like! He is 4 months old. He hasnt really tried to pull anything on me yet but i imagine his time will come. We havent been letting him get into ANYTHING though. when we are all on the couch or something he is right there with us laying on his bed, we tie him to the coffee table =)
keeps him out of trouble but still allows him to be GOOFY!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh by the way..
I see your little yellow pool in the background, how do your dogs like it?
We were thinking about getting one because it gets so hot here!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
THANKS, I have really been trying to do everything right with him since i dont know what his living situations were! I dont want him to be messed up! Today after work I went and bought him somemore bones and chew toys.. Its part spoiling and part not wanting him to chew up anything else!

HOW CUTE ARE THEY! I think i am going to go get one from walmart TOMORROW! Oh Charlie will be so excited! That really is so cute! How many doodles do you have?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AWW!
I have 2 boxers, 1 german shephard, 1 mini schnauzer, and of course CHARLiE the LD! I really have to say that so far he has the best personality out of all of them! What a clown~ .. OH YEAH and Thomas, the cat.. We have quite the ZOO as you can tell :D

·
Registered
164 Posts
Welcome to you and to Charlie! You will find so much information here..its a great place. Im so happy you adopted him. I love it when people adopt a dog. I adopted mine too from an owner who did not want him anymore. We love him so much and we can tell how much he loves us. Its almost as if he is thanking us and appreciating us for finally giving him a loving home! Enjoy your new addition! :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know what you mean. I could tell as soon as we got home that Charlie was so happy to be with us and away from that place! He is such a joy already, and soooooooooooo SMART! This forum is great!

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
WELCOME to you and Charlie! You've got an adorable boy there...very fleecy coated...and probably will be turning more of a blue-gray, based on his face and the undercoat. Too early to tell if he will be silver all over....that breeder gave you a GEM! And we're so glad you have him. If you have a schnauzer you have experience with a coat that needs brushing and grooming so you should be good to go!

Congrats and welcome to the doodle-crazy world...it's a HAPPY place!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the welcome! After what all i have been reading i figured that his coat may change colors since he does have graying in his face, paws, and back! and YES! i know how the grooming will be since i have a schnauzer, matter of fact when we left the shelter with him i said OH will i have some grooming to go when i get home! But i do groom my shnauzer myself and charlie is so good that it has been no problem.. im just glad i got ahold of him early enough to get him used to it! My schnauzer (Heidi) has been my baby for 7 years and she was a little jealous of charlie at first but now they are getting along fine, as you could tell by my pictures! they are always laying together which is GREAT! But Charlie has to be at the vet in 15 minutes so we are off! I will deffinately post when i get back and let everyone know how things went and whats up with his sneezing and runny nose!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wow that sounds GREAT. good luck taking care of your new dog as well as all of your other animals!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts