Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sadie. our 14 or so week old labradoodle, is always starving! Or she sure wants us to think she is. She is always hanging around the kitchen or her food bowl - using "body language" to let us know she wants more food. She is getting 3 heaping cupfuls a day, more than the recommended amount. I thought maybe it was the food. We were giving her Purina pro-plan large breed puppy food. I am now trying Techn-cal natural puppy food. It doesn't seem to make any difference. Is this normal? Should I give her more food? Or just try to distract her? She also gets lots of doggie edible chewies and treats during the day.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Our labradoodle, Dave, was the same way when he was younger...ALWAYS wanting to eat and gobbling his food in 1-2 minutes like he's starving. Only recently has he started to be seemingly less hungry.
We were very disciplined and did not cave in, only giving him the amount of food that was recommended and he grew up just fine. In fact, he was getting so big so fast, that we started giving him much less than the recommended amount of food. He's happy and healthy at 9 months old weighing 90 lbs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts