Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every night before I go to bed I put the dogs' bowls with food in them on the counter for my husband to feed them in the morning. The other night I put out their Frontline flea medication also on the counter so I wouldn't forget to give it to them. Well, this evening I asked my husband if he knew where the green flea medication stuff was and he said "Oh, I thought you wanted me to put that stuff in their food so I sprinkled it on top of their food the other morning". :eek: Well, the dogs seem to be OK but my heart kind of did a flip when he told me that. It was my fault for laying them out there like that and my husband doesn't have a clue what the flea stuff looks like so we both learned something very valuable and hopefully the dogs will be all right. I have now applied the medication where it's suppose to go, between their shoulder blades. :roll:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
OMG i'm glad the dogs are ok. It is a funny husband story though (besides the part that the dogs could have been hurt).

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Ah, the dear, helpful hubbies! LOL
I would call the vet, tell them about it and see if they have any concerns. There could be a test or something long term that they will want to do or to tell you to watch for...perhaps even something to neutralize the possible toxicity.
(No need to take the dog in, just call and see what they say.)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Marty...glad to hear your doodle is doing good and well i did have a giggle afterwards about your hubby

in my house when i am giving meds or anything else ...i put a paper on the fridge that when anyone gives anything they have to check it off and initial it.

yesterday , didnt realize i need to do the same with feeding dinner to max and peanut hahaha they had 2 dinners by mistake hahaha no wonder peanut is looking a tad porkier lately hahahaaaaaa

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
yesterday , didnt realize i need to do the same with feeding dinner to max and peanut hahaha they had 2 dinners by mistake hahaha no wonder peanut is looking a tad porkier lately hahahaaaaaa
that is so funny. Dexter had 2 dinners the other night - because he snuck down and stole Kirby's :D

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Leslie tonight i walk in from work...Dave had just put out dog food, Max is almost done, porky Peanut is just starting to eat AND my son says OH i fed both of them an hour ago hahahhaa
Poor porky peanut I took her bowl and put the food right back hahahaa

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I called the vet and they said it won't hurt them although it won't work to prevent fleas. :) So all is well with my doggies. Thanks for all your replies. I guess my kids lived through childhood with silly parental mistakes and so will our dogs.

Marty

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
glad you checked in with the vet and they are doing ok ! :)

Peanut honey, when someone serves you and xtra meal you can't dilly dally around, you have to eat immediately before someone realizes their mistake and takes away your 2nd dinner :roll:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts