Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went next door to my friends this afternoon to drop something off, told AB I'd be right back, went downstairs and out thru garage, by that time she was in backyard at the gate and barked as I walked over to Lindas.

Was sitting at DR table talking to Linda and I look out window and there's Annabelle sitting at the gate throwing her Head up and Howling - so pitiful. Linda opened the window so we could talk to her and Sascha put her paws up on windowsill and saide Hi to her buddy.

Does anyone elses Doodle howl like that ?

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Raleigh woke me up at 1:11 this morning howling...at what????? I have no idea...got up, checked the back yard, and the front looking for spooks??? :shock: He must have been howling at the rain, the wind, or who knows what! I should have got online, and we could have chatted back and forth!!! :wink:

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have two cockers that howl and one Copper trying to join in, but he sounds more like a wounded moose, or something of that nature. Jett just ignores them all like the smart girl she is. :lol:

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
When the sun goes down Hershey becomes the big protector. She sits in HER chair we have by the window and woofs at nothing, every night, until i let her look out the front door to see that nothing is there. After a few days of it i needed to see what she was woofing at so i sat with her. Well OMG! there was a devil creature with red glowing eyes, and another one with blue glowing eyes in the bushes. I was scared to death, Hershey woofed and we both went to the front door to look out, and saw nothing.

The relection of the satelite and Tivo lights in the window was situated just so it looked like a creature in the bushes, lol. Hershey still woofs at it every night, and i let her look out the door, but i giggle to myself, what a silly dog, but such a great protector, the Tivo will never be able to sneak up on us.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Max can almost HOWL as good as a coonhound i once had hahahhaaa

if I go outside to walk Peanut without him....OMG he howls
and last week we took Max and Peanut in the car and ran errands with my daughter. I went into CVS and could hear Max howling while i stood in line. My daughter was in the car with Max and peanut...she tried everything to console Max and ended up laughing hahhahaaaaa

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I am literally LOL here.
Moses is a world class howler, and a couple of the pups already showed us that they'd picked up that trait from Dad. If I go outside without him he starts in.

I had a couple here looking at pups and left Moses in the house so he decided to start... the couple looked at me like WTH? I had to admit that was Moses protesting my leaving him behind. Luckily they got a good laugh out of it too. It really doesn't sound like a dog... it sounds like something from a low budget sci fi monster movie. But what can you expect from a dog that growls like a Wookie?

G

·
Bella will only howl occasionally when a certain type of jet goes by and it makes the real high pitched whining sound.... I think it must truly hurt her ears and she is howling in pain!

·
Registered
670 Posts
I love your story about Hershey. Hes looking out for his family. Too sweet!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Fred is a full-fledged howler--long, deep, loud and mournful. He first started to howl last summer--the neighbor two doors down plays bagpipes and Fred loves to howl along with him. It is really funny--once the bagpipes start, he sings right along. He also howls whenever the fire whistle blows, or he hears sirens.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
No howling from this household but I am not complaining. This is one discussion I am glad that I have nothing to add to :) :)

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
annieG said:
No howling from this household but I am not complaining. This is one discussion I am glad that I have nothing to add to :) :)
LOL - give Tanner time, we'll get him trained to howl - I'll start taping Annabelle and send Tanner the tapes :twisted:

Hersey sounds so adorable - I was reading and thought you were going to say she was woofing at her reflection - Annabelle does that, she sits in the living and sees herself in DR sliding glass door and barks, first few times she did that I freaked and ran to look, figuring I was gonna see a **** or possum on the screenporch :shock: , nope thankfully she just barks at herself :roll:

Glad to know she's not the only doodle howler :wink:

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Raleighsmom said:
Raleigh woke me up at 1:11 this morning howling...at what????? I have no idea...got up, checked the back yard, and the front looking for spooks??? :shock: He must have been howling at the rain, the wind, or who knows what! I should have got online, and we could have chatted back and forth!!! :wink:
Yup - you should have; I'm usually around at that time LOL, Night owl here it's rare I go to bed before 3am :wink:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts