Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and went to a musical yesterday
with friends and when we walked out
the front door, got in to their car and drove off....
Coco sat in the bay window and howled and howled!!
I have NEVER heard her do that!!
My son who stayed home with her said it was hysterical,
except that she was obviously upset with us for leaving. :(

Just had to post another one of Coco....
she is so hard to get a decent picture of
....when I do get one that is pretty fair and true....
I just have to show you!!
8)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
WOW Jane....coco has gotten so big!!!

if we ever crate max while taking peanut out for a walk without him...OMG he howls like he's being murdered hahahhahaaa

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Cute story and very cute doodle...no howling here thank goodness...the barking almost breaks our ear drums :twisted:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Barking is what Miko does!! High pitched when I come home....low and growling when playing with Jonah...and always toooooo much barking as of late! :shock:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
you know, its funny but Barking does not bother me in the least. :shock: and they know the word HUSH.

Even my friends dogs that bark ...never bothered me. I guess my kids broke me in years ago with noise and neighbors dogs that barked incessantly. hhahhhaahhaaa

what bothers me is when Peanut does the high pitched whining squeal when she doesn't want to be in her crate. ohhhhhhhhhhhh that's a hard one to block out.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
dexter does the whimpering crying when someone leaves and he wants them. The barking comes in when he really wants something or sees something outside (i.e. another dog). If we have his toy and he wants it he still barks - that's something I really want to break him of. I can handle the barking for a dog walking past our house...

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
For Ebbe it's sight AND sound. :roll: A jogger going by woof...woof...woof! Another dog in the yard woof...woof...woof! Sound asleep on the back porch and Mom's knee cracks when she gets out of the chair WOOF...WOOF...WOOF!!!!

Oddly enough, all through this lower level remodeling thing (now on week 13 of a 6 to 8 week project :shock: ). Not a peep ... hammering, pnuematic nail guns, tile saws ... Ho Hum!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
we always seem to know when CASPER the freindly ghost is lurking about in our house :roll: or at least Max and peanut let me know :D

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Coco is beautiful! Those eyes! Chocolate would be on my mind constantly if Coco were around. What a beautiful coat. :D

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Great picture of beautiful Coco!
I have heard dogs howl sometimes...not mine, but others. It is very funny...one dog that we were keeping with us (as a date for Chase) was going with me for a drive, when an ambulance drove past with its siren blaring...the dog howled in unison! The owners didn't know she howled. It was really funny...she did it twice (we have lots of sirens on our travels.)

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the compliments on Coco's photo....You should see the ones I delete......She really isn't very photogenic, as from most angles she looks crazy.....I did like this one though....We are going to the dog park for the first time ever today....hopefully, it won't be muddy.

Hope everyone has a great afternoon!
8)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Fred howls sometimes also.. We have a neighbor who plays the bagpipes--completely off key--and Fred loves to howl along with him.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
No howls and no barks, but Herhsey whispers the word "woof?" at strange things. Emphasis on the question mark. It is really funny to hear a dog ask a question.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Coco is adorable!

Annabelle has never howled - she barks - has diff barks for diff people and diff situations, she also has a very gutteral talk at times when she is playing with mommy or daddy

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Cali woke us up last night howling in her sleep! Was it a full moon last night?! She seemed to be just as surprised as we were. :shock: :?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh! How funny!

Don't know about the moon last night....but it may have been full in her dreams.

Hopefully, Coco won't ever do that; I'd jump out of bed terrified if she did.

Things that startle me awake send me over the moon!!!

8)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts